“Fantastic meal ”

The Horseshoes Berriew
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Berriew
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Horseshoe is a small, family run restaurant where we pride ourselves on serving quality, homemade and wholesome food using locally sourced and produced ingredients whenever possible. We aim to provide all this within a traditional, warm and cosy atmosphere in front of a roaring real fire alongside great service. Alternatively during the summer months enjoy your meal al fresco in our beautiful beer garden whilst the children play safely in our new play area.
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Food was great, fresh and well presented! Nothing was too much trouble, all the staff were polite and and friendly. Lovely outside area too. Will definitely be returning and would recommend to anyone, it's well worth a visit!!

Reviewed 18 August 2017

My wife and I visited the Horseshoes Inn at Berriew with a friend for dinner recently and had a most enjoyable evening.
The pub was fairly busy when we arrived but we were greeted with a friendly smile and drinks arrived in fairly short order. It was actually a curry night, so there were lots of people having various curries and there were a number of these to choose from.
I ordered soup and my colleague had the Goat's Cheese starter, both of which were delicious. Carrot and coriander soup is not my favourite but this was definitely a tasty one! For main courses, we had a Chicken Caesar salad, a Lamb Jalfrezi and vegetarian flan and having all tasted a bit of each others', we decided that all three were really very good. For dessert, two of us had a small ice cream and although I am a vanilla buff, I can really recommend the blueberry flavour!
The only downside to report is that at the very start of the meal, we did wait what we all thought was a long time for our starters to arrive, but after that, everything was fine. But as I said, the pub was really busy when we arrived.
Throughout the evening, the staff were very friendly, attentive and helpful - and always with a friendly attitude. In terms of value for money, it was very good. We have visited this pub a number of times before and we will certainly be back again in the future, the next time we are in the area. We all really enjoyed it!

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Five of us called in for a bite to eat, i have eaten here before and enjoyed it.
A little different this time.
We got a table for five easily as it was not busy for a Sunday afternoon
Slow service, we waited a long time to have our food order taken then waited over half an hour for our food to arrive. When I did arrive my chips looked like they had been sat around for long time and been reheated in a microwave and left to go cold again before they were served. My burger was a bit on the under cooked side, still pink in the middle and the bun looked mouldy on the bottom. However, Everyone else said their food was ok and finished mine off.
I won't be going again in a hurry, neither will I reccomened it.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Stopped here for something to eat during a journey home from Liverpool and was not disappointed. The pub is very clean and well laid out and the staff very hospitable. The food was very good and well presented. Also must say there was also a good selection of ales. Both food and drinks are reasonably priced. This was our first visit but I don't think it will be our last.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We visited the Horseshoes for lunch.
Were greeted by friendly helpful staff.
Very clean and comfortable seating.We both had the Scampi .Cooked well and served hot. Good beer. Very pleased