“The perfect place to eat!”

The Horseshoes Berriew
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Berriew
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Horseshoe is a small, family run restaurant where we pride ourselves on serving quality, homemade and wholesome food using locally sourced and produced ingredients whenever possible. We aim to provide all this within a traditional, warm and cosy atmosphere in front of a roaring real fire alongside great service. Alternatively during the summer months enjoy your meal al fresco in our beautiful beer garden whilst the children play safely in our new play area.
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I had several family members visiting us from London and we were all in the mood for some traditional hearty food. I have visited the Horseshoes a couple of times in the past but only for a quick light bite. As soon as you drive down the road you can't miss it, a welsh stone building with ivy wrapping around the front! Beautifully situated next to the canal with one of the best beer gardens i've ever seen. We were welcomed by a friendly member of staff who showed us straight to our table. It was fairly busy but the atmosphere was pleasant and comfortable. The waitress gave us menus and took our drinks order, the drinks arrived promptly and they had a good selection of ales and wines. Two of us ordered soup and the others ordered a prawn cocktail. Food arrived in good time and the portion was perfect! You could tell instantly that the food was fresh and made that day. We ordered a steak, chicken carbonara, lasagna and scampi for our mains. The steak was cooked to perfection (medium rare), it came with all the trimmings and they had a good selection of accompanying sauces. The carbonara was seasoned well with garlic and beautifully creamy. The lasagna was packed full of meat with a good amount of chips. The scampi was large and tasty, definitely not like ones you buy out of the supermarket! I didn't have a pudding however my family did and as soon as it came out I was regretting my decision of saying no! The chocolate brownie was homemade and you could definitely tell! The blueberry ice-cream also went down a treat. Overall the food was beautifully cooked and presented. The staff were attentive and the atmosphere was lovely.

We will 100% be visiting again, lovely food, great service and the price was even better!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We went there on Sunday and they managed an incredible set of 3 course meals for all 20 of us with ease! The service was almost Michelin and the head chef is a charming artist in his craft. Would recommend one million percent. The turkey is an absolute triumph.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Food was great, fresh and well presented! Nothing was too much trouble, all the staff were polite and and friendly. Lovely outside area too. Will definitely be returning and would recommend to anyone, it's well worth a visit!!

Reviewed 18 August 2017

My wife and I visited the Horseshoes Inn at Berriew with a friend for dinner recently and had a most enjoyable evening.
The pub was fairly busy when we arrived but we were greeted with a friendly smile and drinks arrived in fairly short order. It was actually a curry night, so there were lots of people having various curries and there were a number of these to choose from.
I ordered soup and my colleague had the Goat's Cheese starter, both of which were delicious. Carrot and coriander soup is not my favourite but this was definitely a tasty one! For main courses, we had a Chicken Caesar salad, a Lamb Jalfrezi and vegetarian flan and having all tasted a bit of each others', we decided that all three were really very good. For dessert, two of us had a small ice cream and although I am a vanilla buff, I can really recommend the blueberry flavour!
The only downside to report is that at the very start of the meal, we did wait what we all thought was a long time for our starters to arrive, but after that, everything was fine. But as I said, the pub was really busy when we arrived.
Throughout the evening, the staff were very friendly, attentive and helpful - and always with a friendly attitude. In terms of value for money, it was very good. We have visited this pub a number of times before and we will certainly be back again in the future, the next time we are in the area. We all really enjoyed it!

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Five of us called in for a bite to eat, i have eaten here before and enjoyed it.
A little different this time.
We got a table for five easily as it was not busy for a Sunday afternoon
Slow service, we waited a long time to have our food order taken then waited over half an hour for our food to arrive. When I did arrive my chips looked like they had been sat around for long time and been reheated in a microwave and left to go cold again before they were served. My burger was a bit on the under cooked side, still pink in the middle and the bun looked mouldy on the bottom. However, Everyone else said their food was ok and finished mine off.
I won't be going again in a hurry, neither will I reccomened it.