“The best Indian food we have ever tasted!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indiana Cuisine

Indiana Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Fairbourne
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Authentic indian only
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The best Indian food we have ever tasted!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

The welcome and service we received at this restaurant was warm, friendly and of a high standard. The host was attentive and he suggested a 'signature dish' to one of our party which was outstanding in terms of flavour and originality. We all enjoyed the complimentary spinach pakora and welcomed the pauses between courses. We eat out regularly and we all agreed this is the finest Indian food we have eaten. Thank you for a lovely evening we will return.

Telford, United Kingdom
“Really Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

The first authentic Indian meal we've had, perfectly prepared by lovely people. The service was excellent, portion sizes perfect. Really enjoyed it.

raj_cymru, Owner at Indiana Cuisine, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely comments on our establishment. We are very encouraged and deeply appreciate your time and efforts in putting the good words for us on Trip Advisor. We will keep up the same enthusiasm,Honesty and passion in all that we do.
Raj
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Don't bother!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were so looking forward to our meal, but we're bitterly disappointed. Firstly I went in a couple of nights before to book a table, I stood just inside the front door and was completely ignored!! Three members of staff saw me, but ignored me!! After 10 mins I went through the restaurant and asked why I was being ignored, I could not believe his answer "you used the wrong door, you should have come through the back door" !!! Sorry I said there is no sign at your main door asking me to use the back door!!! Anyway I was cross, but still booked a table for Saturday night 9th July.
We sat down and was greeted with the menu, I explained I only liked mild food so what would they recommend. He came back from the kitchen with something for me to try, well I can only describe it as Heinz tomato soup with bits of chicken in!! My partner thought Heinz was too much of a compliment, he thought it was packet soup! I told the man it had no flavour at all and came back 10 mins later with something very similar,but by now we were hungry, he really should have known what was in it, but he just kept going back to the kitchen, he had no idea what was in it!!
We ordered our food but mine was completely tasteless, so dissapointing, the naan was nice though!!
Bill came to £55 for just two meals, I don't think sadly it was worth £10.
We certainly won't be going back ......

3 Thank SueStaffordshire266
raj_cymru, General Manager at Indiana Cuisine, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
My dear lady, first of all let me bring this to your attention that if you feel that your review can tarnish the hard earned reputation of 7 years of a restaurant, than you are sadly mistaken. This is a very small humble restaurant that makes all efforts in pleasing its diners and all regular locals and holidaymakers are well aware of it! You walked in a restaurant, not in a McDonald ...by keeping standing at the main door in a busy evening when all tables are booked and we are not expecting anyone on door at that time, there was no reason for someone to be there for you. The main door is clearly marked that there is a side door for reception and take-away. If I was you and so crossed at being unnoticed and felt ignored I would have not booked for the next evening. You should appreciate that a taster was brought for you to try before you ordered (we do this only in two scenario's-1) if we feel the guest is extremely special or 2) if we sense trouble!) . After tasting what would have been your meal- you clearly had the opportunity to accept or refuse- you liked it very much. Yes if prices were the issue- again they are clearly stated on the menu. No one forced you to book or to order or to eat! Please do not blame us for your choice. We take genuine criticism in a very healthy way and feel it is a opportunity to better ourselves but unreasonable expectations are not entertained here. I hope you have deleted our name from your list of dining places. We clearly are not your type of food and people and vice versa. We are very happy with our regular clientele that are now like family members to us who understands fine dining, knows how to appreciate the efforts and have the patience and maturity to react very elegantly even when sometimes things do not go according to their expectations.
In the end as courtesy demands - we would like to Apologies if you felt ignored, as we know you would really like this!

management
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“A real authentic Indian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is certainly a restaurant to try if you want authentic Indian cuisine. No Baltis in sight! The delicate mixing of the spices creates unique flavours that replicate those found in India itself. We ate twice and on both occasions had a superb meal. Raj is a great host and will recommend courses to create an Indian meal to savour. Superb in all areas. Many thanks! (But book to be sure of a table as the locals love it - which is always a good sign)

“Cut above the rest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is real Indian restaurant, so if you want the normal generic sauce we have all sadly become used to don't come here!
However if you would the opportunity to taste delicious authentic Indian food you should visit here, you won't be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 bubbles