All reviews big pit warm welcome pot of tea off road parking breakfast was delicious a great place to stay excellent stay family room full welsh breakfast entire house an excellent host comfy bed heritage centre local area local history room was spotless paul
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I stayed for two nights in May 2011 on my hillwalking holiday in Wales. I had stayed at Paul's B&B the year before, each time booking efficiently over the Internet. My host greeted me with a warm welcome, coffee and scones quickly followed in the lounge. My room was a double on 1st floor, very comfy bed, clean, superbly decorated as is the entire house. The room had a large en-suite with shower pod, washbasin and toilet. The car parking is to the rear of the property (you have to walk around) and had been recently resurfaced with tarmac. Breakfast is plenty and excellent, Paul will enquire when and what you'd like. Pub food in town is walking distance so convenient, if a bit hilly in Blaenavon. So: highly recommended! I would certainly stay again should I find myself in the area.

Room Tip: My room was to the front, facing the road. It was quiet at night time though there is some morning traffic, however, I had a good night's rest.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank FilHil
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Good food, spotlessly clean, a 5 star B&B.
Even recommend a brilliant Pub to eat in.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 16 September 2011

This was my second trip to Oakfield , a great B&B which in terms of facilities / decor / service etc puts many 5 star hotels to shame . Recommended without hesitation

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Oakfield B&B comes highly recommended by all Bleanavon locals. i stayed for three weeks during a project in the area. This was my first time staying in a B&B and didn't know what to expect. It was homely, welcoming, clean and peaceful. Good sized rooms, very friendly hosts and tasty breakfasts. Heidi & Paul went above & beyond what you would usually expect going out of their way to make all guests welcome not only in the B&B but in the town of Blaenavon. Thank you for giving me a home from home!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank scotsquine_11
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I chose this B&B for it's location close to the town... It is a short walk (Albeit over a lot of hills) to the town, and it's pubs.

Right from the start, Paul and Heidi made me feel very welcome, and I had a large, comfortable, well furnished room. The bathroom was spotless, and very nicely fitted out. Breakfast was lovely, and after the first day, when Paul realised that I liked mustard on my sausages, there was the mustard pot there on my table waiting... Only a very small point, but it showed that they were attentive to their guests.

The oakfield is well placed to visit the Blaenavon and Pontypool Railway, the Ironworks, and of course the Big Pit - Which was the main reason I went up their in the first place. If I could have been bothered to drive aout, then there appear to be many more places worth a visit!

Despite being very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable, they were able to give me the space I wanted when on holiday. All in all, they were the perfect hosts, of a lovely establishment in a great location.

Thanks guys!