“First class - highly recommended!”
Review of Oakfield B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blaenavon
Oakfield B&B
Ranked #1 of 4 Blaenavon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Our visit was to attend my daughter's wedding and Paul could not have done more to accommodate us all over the whole weekend. The welcome was warm and friendly and each of our rooms was tastefully decorated, very comfortable and spotless. The well appointed visitors lounge is an added bonus. The breakfasts were excellent, and Paul ensured that each individual was well catered for - nothing was too much trouble!!
We will not hesitate to return when we next visit Blaenavon.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank John T

Reviewed 10 October 2011

I stayed for two nights in May 2011 on my hillwalking holiday in Wales. I had stayed at Paul's B&B the year before, each time booking efficiently over the Internet. My host greeted me with a warm welcome, coffee and scones quickly followed in the lounge. My room was a double on 1st floor, very comfy bed, clean, superbly decorated as is the entire house. The room had a large en-suite with shower pod, washbasin and toilet. The car parking is to the rear of the property (you have to walk around) and had been recently resurfaced with tarmac. Breakfast is plenty and excellent, Paul will enquire when and what you'd like. Pub food in town is walking distance so convenient, if a bit hilly in Blaenavon. So: highly recommended! I would certainly stay again should I find myself in the area.

Room Tip: My room was to the front, facing the road. It was quiet at night time though there is some morning...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank FilHil
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Good food, spotlessly clean, a 5 star B&B.
Even recommend a brilliant Pub to eat in.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 16 September 2011

This was my second trip to Oakfield , a great B&B which in terms of facilities / decor / service etc puts many 5 star hotels to shame . Recommended without hesitation

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Oakfield B&B comes highly recommended by all Bleanavon locals. i stayed for three weeks during a project in the area. This was my first time staying in a B&B and didn't know what to expect. It was homely, welcoming, clean and peaceful. Good sized rooms, very friendly hosts and tasty breakfasts. Heidi & Paul went above & beyond what you would usually expect going out of their way to make all guests welcome not only in the B&B but in the town of Blaenavon. Thank you for giving me a home from home!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank scotsquine_11
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I chose this B&B for it's location close to the town... It is a short walk (Albeit over a lot of hills) to the town, and it's pubs.

Right from the start, Paul and Heidi made me feel very welcome, and I had a large, comfortable, well furnished room. The bathroom was spotless, and very nicely fitted out. Breakfast was lovely, and after the first day, when Paul realised that I liked mustard on my sausages, there was the mustard pot there on my table waiting... Only a very small point, but it showed that they were attentive to their guests.

The oakfield is well placed to visit the Blaenavon and Pontypool Railway, the Ironworks, and of course the Big Pit - Which was the main reason I went up their in the first place. If I could have been bothered to drive aout, then there appear to be many more places worth a visit!

Despite being very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable, they were able to give me the space I wanted when on holiday. All in all, they were the perfect hosts, of a lovely establishment in a great location.

Thanks guys!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Jim W
Reviewed 20 August 2011

The Oakfield B & B exceeded all expectations for friendliness, a good breakfast, on-site (off street) car-parking, cleanliness, pleasant surrounds and tasteful decor! Definitely a place to return to when in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blaenavon
Best Western Pontypool Metro Hotel
The Old Rectory Country Hotel and Golf Club
The Lion Hotel
The Lion Hotel
#2 of 4 in Blaenavon

Been to Oakfield B&B? Share your experiences!