“Always a great welcome”
Review of Cafe and Cards

Cafe and Cards
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Blaenavon
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is the sort of cafe you want to come back to because of the friendly welcome you get. The food is amazing value, freshly-cooked and tasty. locals use it so that is always a good sign.

There are newer reviews for Cafe and Cards

Reviewed 21 April 2014

A bright and cosy cafe. Friendly service, generous servings at a very reasonable price. Nearby car park. Just what we needed after our visit to Big Pit.

1  Thank Jillitana
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is a lovely little cafe with very friendly staff. We come here quite often when we want a relaxed Saturday lunch. The prices are very reasonable and the food tastes great. The cafe caters for both visitors and customers in local businesses. This can mean that, though it seems quiet, service can be a little slower than expected.

We called on again yesterday. I had a large All Day Breakfast and the wife had a small one. They are happy to adjust the serving, as I don´t like eggs. The bacon tastes like bacon should, not some cheap supermarket off cut. The mushrooms are cooked just right and the sausages taste great. It is also good to gave toast made in that perfect way you never get from a toaster or under your own grill.

I highly recommend this cafe.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Not to good.
The food is ok not the best really slow service and needs modernising.
I went there about a couple of months ago and had a pancake out of a packet .The pancake wasn't that nice and pretty expensive for what it is .I don't understand why they cant make there own! The coffee was ok .
I wouldn't have food here again when u have a better cafe up the top of town witch is better quality and much nicer

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Great food prepared by a very friendly people in a small but quaint cafe in the centre of the village.

Although the owners always seem to be very busy, they always make time to have a small chat with you, and everybody in there seems to know everyon else.

I hope this place does not suffer too much with CJ's opening recently just up the road, I'm sure that there are enough hungry people in Blaenavon to keep both places open for many years to come.

1  Thank Andy_and_Mark