“Fabulous Home made food”
Review of Queen Victoria Inn

Queen Victoria Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blaenavon
Queen Victoria Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Blaenavon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I've tried the food on different days of the week here and never been disappointed. Lovely Sunday lunch, very reasonably priced. The evening meals are also lovely, also not shy on portions. I would recommend a visit day or night for a meal. This is not a fancy restaurant but the service, the food and the prices are hard to beat. This is also a B & B which has recently been renovated, I've had a look at some of the rooms which are all en-suite and decorTed nicely, I believe to be value for money. I will use this as B & B for visiting family members.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LEP1960

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at the Queen Victoria on the night before a family wedding in May 2014. Didn't really expect much but wow was I wrong!

The lady that welcomed us (yes welcomed - not just checked us in) was really friendly. She knew we were going to a wedding so she had been in the loft and got us a full length mirror out, she also let us know where the iron and ironing board were if we needed it.

The rooms were nicely decorated, clean and the beds were comfortable. The shower was slow to start but fabulous once it got going, there were plenty of towels and the bathrooms were clean. Tea and coffee making facilities were provided and we were told we only had to I say if we wanted more.

Our room overlooked the car park but it was quiet and there was no noise from the bar downstairs.

We had an evening meal in the bar, which was freshly cooked and excellent value for money. My daughter asked for something that wasn't available and the lady (Zoe) went out of her way to find her something else. She didn't have to do this but it is an indication of the service offered.

Breakfast was a delight. Zoe asked what we wanted the evening before and it was cooked shortly after we went downstairs. There was loads of toast and plenty of coffee and tea.

Negatives - none really! The pub downstairs is a bit dated but the welcome and the friendliness more than compensate for that.

We have stayed in other pub b&b's in Blaenavon but this is by far the best and one we will certainly use again when we are visiting family.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Teena2010

Been to Queen Victoria Inn? Share your experiences!