“Really good one night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Masons Arms Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bryncethin
Masons Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Bryncethin B&B and Inns
Armagh
“Really good one night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed here for 1 Night on Business. From the front the Masons looks like any other small Pub. However, it has a really nice Lounge and a fantastic spcaious Restaurant through to the rear. The Bedrooms are all en-suite and are very comfortable and well finished with modern bathroom and Shower. The food is excellent as is the Breajfast. I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ArmaghArmagh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

As always a pleasurable lunch at the masons. We have been coming for years and we have never been disappointed. Food excellent and service always first rate. Always lots of choice and delicious. Surroundings very nice and tasteful. We Will be back.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank lisa e
Bridgend, Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I recently went to the restaurant at the Mason's Arms for a family birthday celebration. The decor and setting of the restaurant was good. Staff were also friendly and helpful. Food was quite expensive for the quality. Portions were generous and there were some dishes of chips and sautéed potatoes untouched.

The food was nice but not fantastic. My only issues was the starter. I had tomato soup which was not good. It was watery and bitter.,

Overall, food was fine but it wasn't good enough to make me rush back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bridgendrachel86
South Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

Plenty of beef on the plate, though not as many vegetables as I'd hoped for a family of 4 adults. Despite this, the food was absolutely delicious and piping hot. Service was very slow though and we had to ask for gravy. The staff seemed to be run of their feet, though they were always polite.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

We were a party of five and I was particularly keen to visit this pub as it was a Favorited haunt of my father's and my Uncle Peter in the early 1950s.

Parking is a bit of a problem but we found somewhere near enough. Maybe there is a car park we could not locate so sorry if I missed it.

Again the most striking thing here as in all of the pubs and restaurants we have visited in the area is the exceptional and very real warmth of people's welcome and the service.

Prices first... Very good. We are used to eating in Monmouthshire where prices are completely silly. Such a nice change to feel like you are getting value for money and a good meal. Here you get both.

The food is very good at the Mason's Arms. I was a little disappointed that they had 'run out of' the T Bone even though we were dining early but there was plenty of choice. Portions are generous though I don't really rate quality of a dining experience by size it is nice to have enough.

I like also that the place is welcoming to children Ours are grown now but it is always nice to see families with well behaved children eating out together.

Only one criticism really... The whole fish knife thing.... I have to say there are three things that really, really annoy me in life... The first is Nuclear Proliferation, the second is people who hold their knives like a pen and the thirds is being given what is commonly referred to as a 'fish knife' with any meal even remotely connected to sea life.

I had scallops (the first 'a' incidentally is pronounced 'o')... There were absolutely delicious but why the fish knife??? It's the same with smoked salmon.... Have you ever tried to cut smoked salmon with a 'fish knife'... or scallops for that matter?

Please Mason's Arms stop with fish knives for prawns, scallops etc... fine with a bit of trout or sole or anything wot needs taking off the bone.... That is what it is for... I mention this only becasue when given a fish knife by the very nice waither I asked for an ordinary knife only to be told I should use the fish knife. I hadn't the heart to correct him.

I'd certainly eat here again... If they will have me back. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank f04222013
Cannock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

Visited family and at the last minute we all decided that we would go out for a meal and phoned the Mason's Arms and booked a table. When we arrived we were disappointed by the exterior of the building and the very small car park but parked the car over the road in the lane. We originally walked into the bar and thought what had we come to (our family who lived here had never been to the hotel before either),the lounge was a little better with friendly people sitting and chatting but when we reached the restaurant we were really shocked at how smart and elegant the room was. A very friendly waiter showed us to our table and came back for our drinks order while we read the menu, we later ordered our food and waited and chatted. The dining area was full with couples, families, and a couple of large parties. There was a wait for the food as it's cooked to order but it's well worth the wait the portions were bigger than normal and was really hot.The staff are all very polite and are constantly on the go, asking if you need anything, or if everything is all right, by the time we left they all looked exhausted. We would have another meal here but the owners should consider smarting up the outside.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
south wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I keep going to this pub because the food is excellent, i don't know what the rooms are like but judging by the staff and well presented food and clean well managed restaurant, I would predict them to be in good order, I am struggling to find somewhere that is better than mason arms, because this place is the best around

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank familyoffour_9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryncethin
Premier Inn Bridgend Central Hotel
Coed-Y-Mwstwr Hotel
Coed-Y-Mwstwr Hotel
#3 of 9 in Bridgend
BEST WESTERN Heronston Hotel & Spa

Been to Masons Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!