“not a 4 star service”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Kopaonik
Belgrade, Serbia
“not a 4 star service”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I expected much more from 4 star hotel in the most popular Serbian mountin, but all I've got was room with very very small bathroom, weak WiFi signal on the third floor and very questionable clean room. I had to insist on reception twice to send room maid to change sheets and clean bathroom again ,bcs tracks of previous guest was very visible. I am very dissapointed. This is family hotel , but I hope that next time , family with young children will not be in the room near by, bcs walls are thin and not sound isolated.
Food ( breakfast and dinner) are excelent, with variety of domestic and international specialities. Staf is quite average and slow.

Room Tip: Rooms on third floor are not comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank AngelinaNina
MKMOUNTAINRESORT, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Angella, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Family Hotel Angella for your visit to Kopaonik! We appreciate your comments and certainly thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We will do our best to improve our service .

In accordance with your comment about the room size, we use this opportunity to inform you that the hotel was recently completely renovated. Unfortunately, due to the restrictive technical conditions, we were not able to changing the room size.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Warm regards,

Family Hotel Angella****
Sales & Marketing Department

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Serbian first
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I do not reccomend this hotel at all! The stuff is very unpleasent. I booked a single bed room and 5 minutes after I checked in and entered the room, two guys knocked on the door. I opened the door and they entered without saying the were sorry for disturbance. Anyway, they wanted to take out the spare bed out of my room. I didn't let them do that. So they called some manager and didn't want to exit the room. The 3 of us stayed in the middle of the room saying nothing. It was very awkward. The looked at each other, smilling. 10 minutes later, the manager told them the bed is supposed to stay in my room and not to move it.
The walls are too thin, the isolation is terrible and if you're searching for a place to sleep in, this is the wrong hotel for you! I heard the loud music from the outside, I couldn't sleep at all although I was very tired. Then, one floor above me, there was some caffee and they were cleaning it after working hours. They moved the furniture without lifting it up. It was so annoying! What a disastorous 7 sleepless nights I spent there.
And, of course, not to forget the kinds running and screaming in the hallways. This is the worst hotel I've ever been to!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Sonja_d_chick
Dear Sonja,

We are sorry for the unpleasant experience you had while staying in our hotel and appologize for any inconvenience. We will do our best to improve our service and accomodation.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Warm regards,

Family Hotel Angella****
Sales & Marketing Department
Novi Sad, Serbia
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Hotel is nice, clean and very close to slopes. Food tasty and of a good quality. Only reproach is that rooms are small, especialy for ski lovers who need exstra space to put and dry all apparel.
Ski room is small and there is no boots dryer.
Parking space is catastrofic but this problem in almost the whole Kopaonik resort.
Hotel is ok, but not adapted to needs of skiers although very close to slopes.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Nenuska123
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

It was definitely an unforgettable experience, but one I would never wish to do again..

The arrival by car was already a challenge, since there is no hotel parking (eventhough we asked for one). Checking in at the reception was, instead a warm welcome, an ice-cold monologue of the receptionist. The good thing is that the hotel is well-located and gives you almost a ski-to-door experience (there is a ski service in the hotel complex). The rooms were nice, clean and warm. But soon we realized that all-inclusive-light means 3x-meals a day incl coffee and juice (we tried both...). Although the food quality was ok, I saw that they used only the cheapest ingredients (i.e. I tried pasta, instead of "barilla" I got local pasta called "danubius" - while walking back to my table, I could not recognize anymore whether these were gnocchi or penne on my plate, and while eating them it was not necessary to chew anymore...) Furthermore the timeframes for all-inclusive-light in the "restaurant" are set in an absolute non-friendly way for skiers (if you are having lunch, it would then not be worth the time to go back again to the skilifts..). My wife went to a massage, but had to make a reservation the day before, because they had to hire someone from outside to do the massage. And last but not least, they do not have any social entertainment at all in that hotel.

Good luck!

Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Mihael O
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Just spent six nights in Kopaonik at the Angella. Yes the heating is a litte warm at night - so cured by opening a window. The food is plentiful through the day and found it of a good quality. There is a lot of it, perhapsthere is a certain amount of recycling! but didn't cause a problem to the six of us- would you rather they throw it all away and charge higher prices?
The hotel could do with a lounge area with a bar-the restaurant is keen to empty out by 8.45 and the bar downstairs opposite the gym is not good and is an afterthought.
Most of the staff were very friendly and keen to help - conclusion, I'd love to go back and loved the skiing and the prices

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank David H
, Sales and marketing department at Hotel Angella, responded to this review, 11 July 2017
Dear Mr David,

Thank you for choosing Family Hotel Angella for your visit to Kopaonik. We appreciate your kind words, and we are very happy to know that you had a pleasant stay and we earned your trust to recommend and visit us again.
Looking forward to welcome you again.

Best regards,
Sales and marketing department
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I have just returned from winter holiday that I spent in Angella. I have spent seven days in Angella with family (including baby, 16 months). Hotel definitely does not deserve four stars - with disturbing noise/music that does not stop until 4 a.m., disgusting odor of the food in whole hotel and leftovers of the breakfast served as a lunches and dinners... Can you imagine that in the second best hotel at Kopaonik guest finds leftovers from raznjici served for dinner last night (raznjici are pieces of pork on a skewer) in the sour stuffed cabbage (kuvani kiseli kupus) served for lunch next day. I just saw hole from skewer in the meat served with cabbage. Disgusting, really. "German salad" was prepared from potato and leftovers of sausage served last day. All cold plates are prepared from leftovers... One water cooler placed in main dining area contains tap water!! This is really unbelievable if we know that tap water at Kopaonik is not recommendable for human consumption. I gave this water to my baby as I believed that water is filtered...

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Tatijana65
Novi Sad, Serbia
Reviewed 3 January 2013

This hotel has only one advantage, and that is postion. Everything else is poor and below any level. Behavior of staff is something that marks this hotel. Impression is that they do not want you there... Sleep quallity is poor too, because you have to ventilate room all the time if you want to breathe. Restaurant. Food is good, but just for brekfast. For dinner you will probably eat the rest of lunch. The hotel was renovated few years ago and now has a four/star, but memories of the old communist hotel are still there.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Borisha B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kopaonik
Grand Hotel & Spa
#1 of 4 in Vrnjacka Banja
Grey Hotel Kopaonik
Grey Hotel Kopaonik
#3 of 10 in Kopaonik

Been to Hotel Angella? Share your experiences!