“Simply Amazing!!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Spinea B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Simply Amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

WOW!! What an amazing B&B, everything was just PERFECT!! I honestly felt like I was staying with family!! Maria & Claudio are such a beautiful couple and they are extremely caring people!! I felt so comfortable staying there. When I arrived, they were waiting for me at the bus stop and then walked with me to the B&B. They had two maps ready for me, and with nice restaurants to eat at in the area, and the other was a very detailed map of Venice. It was such a great map that other tourists were coming up to me in Venice and asking me where I got that map from!! The recommended restaurants were simply amazing, real nice authentic Italian food! The B&B was very spacious and super clean!! The breakfast was simply amazing, the homemade bread is to die for!! I cannot even think of a single negative thing about this place!! I highly recommend this place. It's great to stay outside of Venice, because it's not very touristic and you get much much better food. It was very easy to get into Venice from there, the bus stop was barely a 5 min walk and the bus would take you right in the heart of Venice in 20 mins. Words cannot describe what a pleasant experience I had with Maria and Claudio, I cannot wait to go back!! :)

Thank you Maria and Claudio for such an AMAZING experience!! You guys are awesome!!! I hope to see you guys again in the future!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

We stayed for 5 nights with Maria and Claudio in their charming B&B, and believe me, I would never go anywhere else when visiting Venice or points north. Everything was simply perfect. . . The comfortable bed, the immaculate bathroom with fresh towels, the delicious breakfast, but most importantly, the individual attention and concern for our comfort and for the best in information.
What we quickly learned was that after busy, crowded days in Venice, we were extremely grateful to sit on a bus for 25 minutes and arrive in a quiet town where real people and families live. Maria and Claudio's home is a refuge!!

When we arrived, Maria explained the map of Spinea which she had printed out, detailed with the bus stop ( a mere 2-3 minute walk), small family owned restaurants, and the bus routes to Venice. She gave us two bus tickets for our first trip into Venice, and she explained the system for adding more time to the tickets. Each morning during breakfast ( which was ample. . .yogurt, cereals, breads, meat, cheese, jams, tea, coffee, juice, milk, fruit) we chatted, laughed, and planned the day.

Maria is a language teachr, and she willingly helped me with my stumbling Italian.

We were interested in seeing the Mille Miglia and Claudio researched the best spot to see this memorable event. We were thrilled to see this classic car rally and Claudio's recommendation was perfect.

Claudio checked in with us each evening to chat about the day's activities and was always eager to help us with maps and directions. On the day we went to Burano and Murano he printed out maps, researched the vaporetto numbers we'd need, and went over everything with us. Claudio and Maria love music, so we shared YouTube videos of our favorite groups and reminisced about concerts we'd seen. By the way, claudio makes fantastic bread, too!

and speaking of food, one evening Maria invited us to have dinner and she made a fabulous meal. We also met Maria's father who came to have dinner. It was a real family evening that stretched into the night

all in all, our stay at Maria and Claudio's was one of the highlights of our 5 week trip to Italy. To me, it's a no-brainier. . . Just make your reservation NOW

Room Tip: Maria and Claudio have two rooms, one with a king sized bed and one with two single beds. Our king...