“Fabulous!!!!”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We took our Husbands parents here for lunch and the service was attentive and informative regarding the food...the food was delicious and we all thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience...we will certainly be going back...Well Done!!!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is the second time I have eaten at Balloo House and on both occasions have been let down by the main course. Gordon Ramsey says its a measure of a restaurant how it caters for vegetarians. Well in that case Balloo House is sadly lacking. I had a very watery vegetable curry with underdone vegetables that were difficult to digest and a poppadom covered in grease. I was sorry I did not send it back but I was in a party of 8 and did not want to make a fuss.The raspberry tart for desert was made using a bought in pastry case which was rock solid though the filling was nice. I spoke to the very nice waitress afterwards and she suggested if I came again I should mention I was a vegetarian and they would offer me an alternative. However that does not make up for a ruined occasion and a very disappointing expensive experience.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch with friends, very disappointed, I had the fish goujons, over cooked and flavourless! My friend has the Caesar salad which was just ok! Service was alright, slightly cramped seating

1  Thank Marian1972
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Had dinner here recently on the advice of a friend. Ordered a special meal with scallops and vegetables. The scallops were very small about the size of your pinky finger end. Not only that they were flavorless. The vegetables were bland as well. For the price this was a disappointment. It short it was not all that it was advertised to be.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Went here for Sunday dinner/high tea. We had booked in advance and were seated immediately. There were two menus to chose from and specials on the Board. The waiter pointed out two dishes from the specials board that were no longer available but still on the board. We went to order and unfortunately I picked the monkfish from the specials board that was also off but we hadn't been told that with the initial info - this always irks me. The three dishes remained on the board until removed shortly before we left. Having said that the food was delicious. Portion sizes were exactly right, the selection was good and the food was really tasty. Between us us we had mussels (a huge bucket of these), tapanades, parfait and soup followed by pork belly, lamb, burger and Thai curry - so as you can see,a good mix of options. Only one person had dessert which was huge - buttermilk panacotta, which was really creamy. I only gave 4 instead of 5 stars as the special's board needs to be kept up to date to avoid disappointment. I would go back.

Prices were what you would expect for decent food.