“A wonderful place to unwind!”
Review of Pure Day Spa

Pure Day Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Killinchy
Reviewed 13 August 2012

After having this spa recommended by a friend I booked a half-day ritual and couldn't have been more impressed. My friend had hyped this place up considerably and as a regular spa goer you could say I was a little skeptical that it wouldn't live up to her very high praise but I was happily proved wrong. The spa itself is beautiful with lots of personal touches you simply don't find elsewhere, I had been to many larger (and more expensive) spa's before but this was completely different and a million times better. The attention to detail was second to none and the whole building was incredibly peaceful and quiet. The staff too were very friendly. My treatments were carried out by a therapist called Amy who again offered a very personal service asking what I wanted to gain from the morning, letting me sample and choose the scented oils I would like to use and what level of pressure I would like for my massage, it really did feel like a bespoke service. The morning ended with a light lunch which was delicious and presented beautifully in a relaxation area. I can honestly say I too will recommend this place to friends because it really is a hidden gem!

PureDaySpa, Owner at Pure Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you very much for such a positive review.
We appreciate you taking the time to write this.
Reading reviews like this makes all our hard work worth while.
We do set to deliver a five star service which we think our guests deserve and need. The journey at Pure is very personal and we think bespoke from others. Many of our guests are recommendations and we are so pleased we fulfilled your expectations and more.
We do hope you recommend Pure to many others.
Thanks again, you have made our day :).

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Booked a spa ritual with a friend at Pure Day Spa and was really looking forward to it. The Spa itself is small but lovely, decor is really nice and good facilities. The treatments we both recieved were great, very relaxing...and that's where the relaxation ended. The lady who appeared to be running the spa had my stress levels through the roof; she rushed my friend and I through the thermal spa. It was so iritating, for example; she showed us to the steam room and said we could stay there as long as we liked then came back 5 minutes later and got us out, she then brought us to the jacuzzi and said we could stay there as long as we liked but she was hovering around then came and turned it off and marched us to the showers. I couldn't even relax in the shower as she was hovering around outside with a towel ready to pounce. A light lunch was included in the treatment we booked and I didn't even get to drink my tea before she ushered us off upstairs to 'relax' which was impossible at that stage, couldn't wait to get out of the place. Much better going to a hotel spa where you can relax as long as you like before and after treatments and whilst I understand that they need to keep people moving in this place there are ways of doing so and the way we were rushed through this place made the whole experience pointless. I was on tenderhooks waiting for her to reappear and march us to the next 'station'.

15  Thank Crndfs
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Although Pure Day spa in killinchy is not very big, it is so very well laid out and with elaines carefully planning of your treatments you never would know anybody else is there,very private. From the moment you are greeted at the front door, you are at ease and start to relax just from the ambience of the place. The girls who carry out the treaments are extremely professional, and couldnt be nicer. I have been now 6 times both with friends and my teenage daughters and every day was fantastic. These treatments should be prescribed by NHS and then we might have fewer stress related problems out there. I would definitely recommend a 6 monthly visit if you could afford it.Thanks Elaine and girls, keep up the good work. Oh and the food is great

3  Thank katietBelfast

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We look forward to such good feedback like yours.
We do hope to see the three of you on an annual visit, what better way is there to catch up, relax and de-stress?.
Thanks again, see you soon?! :)

Reviewed 3 November 2011

My mum, my sister and I try to get a half day spa ritual at least once per year at Pure Day Spa. Elain and the therapists are welcoming and professional, the treatments are top class and the whole experience is blissfully de-stressing and relaxing. In fact, we have decided this annual ritual will have to be at least twice per year from now on!

3  Thank mckaykarenj

We do hope to see the three of you throughout the year, what better way is there to catch up, relax and de-stress?.
Thanks again, see you soon?! :)