“Pure Pleasure”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Pure Pleasure”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My daughter and I enjoyed (another) blissful time at Pure day Spa recently. We had booked the love your skin ritual, and it was excellent from start to finish. We both agreed that the attention to detail at Pure sets it apart from any other spa we have visited. The standard and variety of treatments is excellent, the time was tailored to our needs, and although there were other clients present our paths didn't cross and we felt that the staff were dedicating time to us. The sandwiches and scones were fresh and plentiful and the glass of bubbly finished of the treat perfectly. Elaine and her staff do a great job - we'll be back!

Visited June 2014
PureDaySpa, Owner at Pure Day Spa, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
I am delighted to hear that once again you both enjoyed another (blissful) time at Pure.
It means a lot to us to recieve feedback from our guests so we may continue to make each visit memorable
We hope to see you both again soon.

Newtownards, United Kingdom
“Pure bliss, exceptional staff!!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Visited pure day spa today with a friend for the Pure love your skin ritual and from we stepped in the door to leaving we couldn't have asked for better!!
Beautiful countryside surroundings, very relaxing asmosphere and excellent staff. The place is a credit to Elaine and all her staff! Many thanks to Sarah who done my treatments they were wonderful and I was extremely relaxed and pampered from head to toe! Lunch was great and plenty of time given to chill out.... We will return!!

Visited June 2014
PureDaySpa, Owner at Pure Day Spa, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review on your experience. We are thrilled to read that your journey was 'Pure Bliss' and you felt relaxed from head to toe. Our staff work very hard in delivering a five star service and comments like this make it all worth while. We hope to see you very soon on your return visit.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Heaven”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My daughter and I visited Pure Day Spa for her 18th birthday, having booked the Summer Sunsational Ritual. We were allowed plenty of time to relax together in the sauna/jacuzzi area before moving on to our respective therapists, Lorraine and Chantelle. We both had the reflexology and shoulder, neck and back massage. Although we were told that these were "taster" sessions, they did not seem at all rushed or overly brief. The therapists ensured that they were exerting the right amount of pressure in the massage and both treatments were relaxing and enjoyable. The afternoon tea afterwards was delicious and the surroundings are truly beautiful. When we were going, Elaine very kindly gave my daughter a set of Espa products as a birthday gift - she was delighted. We had a lovely morning in a heavenly location - thank you ladies.

2 Thank BourkesNI
PureDaySpa, Owner at Pure Day Spa, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
We are delighted to hear that your daughter had a lovely 18th birthday at pure and that you both had enjoyed your treatments and relaxing time together.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know.
We hope to see you again soon.
Newtownards, United Kingdom
“Excellent birthday treat”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My partner got me a voucher for Pure Day Spa and having just returned from it, I'm already planning my next visit with a friend. The spa itself is beautiful and private and I was really taken care of by Elain and Chantelle from as soon as I arrived to the time I left - which was a considerable amount of time since they instructed me to take as long as I liked in the steam room, the hydrotherapy pool, both relaxation rooms and the lounge with my peppermint tea. Both ladies were friendly and professional and the aromatherapy massage and ESPA facial were excellent. I will be recommending Pure Day Spa to friends and family (and putting in another birthday order from my partner next year).

PureDaySpa, Owner at Pure Day Spa, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your kind review and to let us know how much you had enjoyed your Ritual which included a Massge and Facial. We hope to see you again soon.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have been to Pure Day Spa on 3 occasions but my last visit was somewhat disappointing. We have booked the Spring ritual whereby we picked 2 treatments for £90 - my friend and I both picked the 'renew facial' and the 'oil body massage'. When we arrived we were told we were late - in fact we were 15 minutes early - we could let this go as we appreciate misunderstandings happen… however we did not expect to be rushed through - with no time in the relaxation room and then to be rushed through the steam and jacuzzi. We were not relaxed at all - we felt we were being treated like bad school children. We then went for our treatments. My facial lasted all of 10 minutes and the 'oil body massage' was not the body massage I was looking forward to - as the therapist described it " we apply oil to the body but work only on your back and neck". Again this lasted only half an hour and we were both left feeling very disappointed. When it came to paying our bill we expressed our disappointment to be told that it was a "taster" facial and back massage - this was NOT was was described on the website. "What did you expect for just £90" was the brusque answer we got. Then we were told if had said to our therapist during the treatment we could have upgraded our package for an extra cost!! Working with many Spas and beauty salons I would have expected a discount or an offer to return again - but we were not made to feel valued as clients, in fact we felt like we had been an inconvenience all day. We were given a sample pack as a good will gesture but we both felt that it was not fair compensation for the way the package was mis-sold on the website. We had planned to book a half day spa ritual for 4 girlfriends later in the year but we will not be returning due to the way in which we were treated. It was anything but a relaxing trip! Beware of these "value" packages as it seems they are not special offers at all - but in fact a cheaper price reflected in the very short treatments.

7 Thank cats1811
PureDaySpa, Owner at Pure Day Spa, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Firstly I would like to thank you for your 3rd visit, and how you decided to try one of our promotional Rituals and not a Half Day like previous visits. The Ritual you had decided on was the Scent of Spring and would be shorter than your previous Rituals.
On the morning of Monday 12th May an appointment had been made for you both at 10am most of our Guests do arrive a little earlier however you both arrived at 10.15 am for the Scent of Spring Ritual 3hrs was allocated for this Promotional Ritual with full use of all our facilities, refreshments and 2 treatments.
You where both brought to the changing room to change into your swimwear after filling out your consultation card, then to the steam room and pool before treatments. Refreshing cool towels and cool water waited by the pool and you both spent your desired time there after which you both showered and came to reception to start your treatments at no time was this rushed!
Each therapist carried out an exfoliating foot ritual while explaining the treatments that you both had chosen, THIS IS THE CONSULTATION BEFORE TREATMENTS in which your therapist explains the treatments and at this point NO!! mention that either of you where unhappy with your choice of treatments that had been explained, or any disappointment on the treatments that you both were to receive after this consultation, however some clients do enquire on other types of Facial and Massage and therefore upgrade. This would have been a perfect time to raise awareness that you were unhappy however no feed back was given to your therapist.
The Renew Facial and Oil Massage were both the treatments that you had chosen and after coming out of the treatment rooms you had both said how you where feeling relaxed. Which contradicts you saying it "had been anything but a relaxing trip!"
Again if you had been unhappy with your treatment, No mention of this was indicated.
Your therapist then made you comfortable upstairs with blankets and asked if you would both like tea or coffee. And asked if you had enjoyed your treatments and you both replied Yes. Again no mention that you had been unhappy.
Shortly after your therapist had given you some information on products that were used, and then brought you down for your refreshments. Which was a fresh fruit salad, freshly made sandwiches and homemade scones and chocolates.
Sometime later you were asked was everything satisfactory and the reply that was given was that you were both "Stuffed!" and had enjoyed the food prepared. You were both asked if you would like to rest on the loungers before you made your way to get changed and we would see you at reception whenever you were ready. Again NO mention of your disappointment was brought to our attention.
Therefore when you arrived at reception at 1.20pm we were shocked at your approach how both of you were disappointed with your Ritual. The description on our website stated "Renew Facial" and "Oil Massage" which each of the therapists describing to you beforehand as a promotional massage, in which oil is massaged into the body with the concentration of the massage on the back, neck and shoulders. The Renew Facial consists of cleansing, exfoliating, toning and an essential oil facial massage and in no way could have lasted "All of 10 minutes." At no time was the said statement "What did you expect for just £90" mentioned.
As a gesture of good will each of you received a complimentary cosmetic bag with the value of £40 worth of products which had been used on your skin during your Renew Facial.
The quality and professionalism Of your treatments carried out regardless of the price had been in your own words Relaxing.
On the same morning we also had 2 other guests who had booked the same Promotional Ritual and left a beautiful comment in our day book to say how much they had enjoyed their treatments.

Pure would like to express how saddened we feel with this review.