“Fantastic ambiance and value for money”

The Inn Castledawson
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castledawson
The Inn Castledawson
Ranked #1 of 1 Castledawson B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic ambiance and value for money”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I went here with my family for my mum's birthday. We had afternoon tea which was just fantastic; the scones were huge and the mini desserts were delicious. The staff were very friendly and helpful and it was amazing value for money and I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
banbridge
Reviewed 11 March 2011

Spotted this place in the Ulster Tattler and had to give it a try we both love good food and will travel to try it and we not disappointed, the food was fantastic beautifully presented and cooked we had 3 courses and great wine, had feedback from the chef on some of our favourites, friendly staff and management, we stayed overnight in lovely accommodation we can recommend this restaurant/hotel to anyone

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank paulBanbridge
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2011

I would rate this as the best all round hotel in UK and Ireland I have had the pleasure of visiting ,excellent food, friendly welcoming staff, lovely rooms and decor throughout.The surroundings are relaxing and very professional.I would recommend The Inn to anyone.
This level of service and great experience would normally be expected from somewhere more than double the cost. Also has a great family run comfortable atmosphere.
I just can't recommend this hotel enough, excellent experience!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank PaulGreig
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2010

I was stranded in Castledawson due to the closure of the Glenshane Pass. I needed somewhere to stay and I came across The Inn @ Castledawson. I walked through the door and received a warm greeting from the manageress. I explained that I was a Social Work student stranded 40 miles from home and needed somewhere to stay. The Manageress offered me a significantly reduced rate in order to accommodate me. The room was spacious, warm with a comfortable bed and a television. The room had a large shower room. I went into the restaurant, and how this restaurant didnt earn a Michelin Star I will never ever know. The food was fantastic, the ambience was superb with calming background music and lovely waiting staff. I had a fantastic nights sleep and the restaurant managed to maintain this ambience at Breakfast Time!!. The Hotel interior is both modern and classy. In the morning, the manageress offered me a jug of water in order to clear the ice and snow from my car. Wonderful service, wonderful food, wonderful staff. Very well done.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
belfast
Reviewed 5 December 2010

from the moment we walked in we were welcomed by the most friendly and warm host that we have ever have the pleasure to meet .surprisingly the inn is like a tardis it just keeps getting bigger and bigger !the rooms are like no other i have been in many boutique hotels accross the world this room definitely ranks up there .the view from the room is breath taking ,idyllic!
we were already happy with our mini break and then you get to the food the reason i have to confess for making the excursion from belfast .the tv head chef winner of this awrd and that award after reding the editorial from the tatler are appetites were well and truly wetted .
the food was let me say stunning .presentation everything roland the chef came out making sure all diners enjoyed there meals i did not see one sideways motion with any heads fantastic, stars maybe in the future for this chef ???
on the whole we will be back again no ifs here in fact cant wait see you soon

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Following a visit to Junction One (only 20 mins away) for some early Christmas shopping and a frightful blizzard experience on the M22, lets just say our nerves were calmed in the "idyllic" surroundings at the Inn! From the moment we walked in the door, the beautiful decor, elegant features and courteous staff, we felt immediately comfortable and at ease.

The MD, Paula promptly escorted us to our room (No:9 - extravagant antique bed with crisp dorma bed linen - Pure bliss) and attended to our every need! Our evening meal was delicious and plentiful. We opted for the A-la Carte menu which had a fantastic choice of fine dining cuisine - I highly recommend the smoked chicken with orzo pasta to start! L'amor!

It was delightful to see the dining room filled to the brim before 7pm considering the weather was so bad! it's hardly surprising diners ventured hail, rain or snow as the food and ambience were second to none! Let's just say I will definitely be back in the not so distant future and with the £99 deal per couple for an overnight deal and dinner - It's an offer / Christmas present not to be missed!

Thank-you Paula, Gillian, Magda, etc - A job well done - Keep up the good work!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh
Reviewed 28 October 2010

We were visiting friends for the weekend and were booked into The Inn Castledawson for 2 nights. Upon entering, we were made very welcome until the moment we left the premises for our journey back home to Scotland. The rooms are spacious and spotless, the beds and their linen wonderful, and the views at the rear of the hotel brilliant. Breakfasts were excellent where one could have as much or as little as one wished from a full Irish breakfast right down to just tea and toast. The service we received from all members of staff was excellent. We would certainly go back to stay there next time we are over in the Belfast area.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castledawson
White River House Hotel
#4 of 4 in Magherafelt
Walsh's Hotel
Walsh's Hotel
#1 of 1 in Maghera

Been to The Inn Castledawson? Share your experiences!