“Really, really excellent !”

The Inn Castledawson
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castledawson
The Inn Castledawson
Ranked #1 of 1 Castledawson B&B and Inns
Thetford
“Really, really excellent !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

I've stayed in many very high-class hotels around the world but this hotel is an absolute little gem and would beat very many of the others at much, much higher prices ! To find it located around 20 minutes drive from Belfast International Airport is a big plus. Although situated in the main street, at the rear of the hotel is a wide, curving and fast flowing river just beyond the gardens, very picturesque. The room was not only large but contemporary and very comfortable indeed. Facilities and the food here were first class. However, the breakfast in particular was astounding. 'Full Irish' to say the very least but quantity with first-class quality - easily the best I've had in years. To conclude ... don't miss out on this Hotel. Anywhere near Belfast and it's more than worth the short drive. They'll definitely be seeing me again !

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the rear of the hotel with wonderful views of the river.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ulsan, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

We stad here for one night but wished it could have been more. Very friendly staff with nice modern fresh rooms overlooking the river. The food was plentiful and of high quality with a drink on the terence over looking the river. The owners also allowed us the use of the secure courtyard to park our motorbikes over nIght which was a great added bonus. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

Stayed in room 7 overlooking the river. Beautiful views. Rooms were nicely decorated.
Dinner was excellent and service was very friendly but unobtrusive.
Would go back.

• Stayed July 2011
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

I went here with my family for my mum's birthday. We had afternoon tea which was just fantastic; the scones were huge and the mini desserts were delicious. The staff were very friendly and helpful and it was amazing value for money and I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
banbridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2011

Spotted this place in the Ulster Tattler and had to give it a try we both love good food and will travel to try it and we not disappointed, the food was fantastic beautifully presented and cooked we had 3 courses and great wine, had feedback from the chef on some of our favourites, friendly staff and management, we stayed overnight in lovely accommodation we can recommend this restaurant/hotel to anyone

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank paulBanbridge
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

I would rate this as the best all round hotel in UK and Ireland I have had the pleasure of visiting ,excellent food, friendly welcoming staff, lovely rooms and decor throughout.The surroundings are relaxing and very professional.I would recommend The Inn to anyone.
This level of service and great experience would normally be expected from somewhere more than double the cost. Also has a great family run comfortable atmosphere.
I just can't recommend this hotel enough, excellent experience!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank PaulGreig
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

I was stranded in Castledawson due to the closure of the Glenshane Pass. I needed somewhere to stay and I came across The Inn @ Castledawson. I walked through the door and received a warm greeting from the manageress. I explained that I was a Social Work student stranded 40 miles from home and needed somewhere to stay. The Manageress offered me a significantly reduced rate in order to accommodate me. The room was spacious, warm with a comfortable bed and a television. The room had a large shower room. I went into the restaurant, and how this restaurant didnt earn a Michelin Star I will never ever know. The food was fantastic, the ambience was superb with calming background music and lovely waiting staff. I had a fantastic nights sleep and the restaurant managed to maintain this ambience at Breakfast Time!!. The Hotel interior is both modern and classy. In the morning, the manageress offered me a jug of water in order to clear the ice and snow from my car. Wonderful service, wonderful food, wonderful staff. Very well done.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castledawson
White River House Hotel
#4 of 5 in Magherafelt
Walsh's Hotel
Walsh's Hotel
#1 of 1 in Maghera

Been to The Inn Castledawson? Share your experiences!