“A warm welcome on a freezing cold day!”
Review of The Victoria Restaurant - CLOSED

The Victoria Restaurant
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A warm welcome on a freezing cold day!”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We have recently moved into the Dinnet area and had yet to try the Victoria, so we booked for lunch on a really cold day with snow on the ground.
We were greeted warmly by one of the owners and seated in the very cosy dining room. He explained that they were in the process of changing the menu,(presumably for the start of the tourist season) and that the Home Made Steak Pie was not available. No problem as there were ample other choices available as well as a lighter lunch menu of Baguettes, Burgers and Omelettes. My wife chose the Home Made Tomato Soup and I went for the Deep Fried Brie which came with a salad. Both were delicious. We then both decided on the Haddock and chips which again did not disappoint, we thought we would have a glance at the dessert menu out of interest, and spied the Sticky Toffee pudding which we had heard from friends was excellent! Unable to resist, I can say that this is the best one that I have tried. We managed to force down a couple of Cappucinos and decided to head for home. The tab was very reasonable and the wine list fairly comprehensive. We would certainly give it a top mark, and intend to visit again as we have friends visiting this summer and know that they would love it too.

• Visited March 2013

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Magic”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Words fail me about how excellent this place truly is. It's a solid 10/10 and reasonably priced as well, and to think the chef wasn't classically trained!!!! My autistic son even found the food to his exacting standards. The five of us all had different dishes and we all agreed that we could have eaten any of the others and been delighted. Truly... A+ in every way!

Bergen, Norway
“What a find!”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My family and I dropped in at the Victoria for a late Saturday lunch. We knew nothing of the place and ended up there purely by coincidence, but what a lovely surprise we had! The kitchen was actually closed by the time we got there, but the chef was happy to oblige and we had an absolutely lovely meal. All of us, adults and children alike, were delighted with the food; and the wonderful service and cosy atmosphere just made everything perfect. We will be back!

Liverpool
“Super”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

My partner and I had lunch here. It was full which is always a good sign. We both ordered the small fish and chips which was delicious. It stated small portion but neither of us could finish our meal.

scottish highlands
“A little gem!”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Have eaten at the Victoria restaurant many times and is always our first choice for eating out in the local area.
Good quality food with great sized portions and I mean great!
Could maybe do with extending the menu a little ie: no steak or separate beef dish on offer. Service was surprisingly slow on our last visit with one young lad serving but this didn't diverse from a lovely evening out!

• Visited December 2012