All reviewsloch shielsmoked fishgreat hotelloaded burgergreat areachef markhighly recommend this hoteldining roomsea basslangoustinesopen fireporkwelcoming staffan upgradewarm welcomestayed here for one nightlasagna
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely little bar/hotel in a beautiful part of the world with some really friendly staff and locals. We've been twice on our hols (and counting) once for drinks and once for dinner. It's dog friendly, has a sun lounge with nice views and a more formal dining room, and a bar with standard lagers and Strongbow (such a disappointment) and some local bottled beers, where we ate cos of our pooch. We had venison burgers with the works (cheese, bacon, relish, chips and salad) and they did the trick after a long days walking. This is decent pub grub, just what we wanted, and not over priced (£11).

A few reviews have called this place tired and in need of a bit of an upgrade. Well it's most certainly not boutique or 5 star, but not every place has to be, and as long as it's clean and in keeping with the surroundings then that's fine by me. I think those reviews are harsh and unfair. I'd definitely make a trip back.

Stayed: September 2017
LyndaJLSH, Manager at Loch Shiel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words.
I am thrilled you enjoyed your time in LSH and our beautiful area. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and I sincerely hope we see you (and your beautiful dog) again sometime in the future!
Lynda

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

We turned up after a day canyoning at Inchree ( review to follow ) we had 2 teens and 2 dogs in tow . We were all made very welcome . There's a nice menu and a specials board. We opted for the smoked fish trio , gammon , loaded burger and kids sausage meal - all were plentiful and really tasty . Drinks were reasonable too . We have booked to go back at end of our stay !

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review.
I am so glad you enjoyed your time and your meal in LSH. We endeavour to make all our customers feel welcome when they enter the hotel and we are especially happy if they bring their dogs!
I hope you had a lovely holiday in beautiful Ardnamurchan and that we see you again another time in the future,

Reviewed 27 August 2017

On the way back from Ardanamurchan lighthouse we stopped a few places, sadly none were dog friendly. We were delighted when we got told they allow a dog in bar at Loch Shiel Hotel. We have small well behaved dog and sometimes its struggle to find dog friendly eating places in Scotland. We ordered meal for family of four, plus 2 soft drinks, 1 bottle of non alcoholic beer, and large glass of white wine at cost of £53 ( one child may have had meal from children's menu including ice cream) Service was friendly, food was equally good. Both bar and restaurant was busy on Wednesday evening.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are indeed a dog friendly establishment and enjoy it immensely when we have dogs visit. I am pleased you and your family had an enjoyable meal with us and hope we see you all again in the future,

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We had lunch at the hotel during a recent holiday in Arivegaig. We were fortunate to have a sunny day and were able to eat outside. The lady at the bar was lovely and working so hard as she seemed to be on her own. All in all a very good setting. The food though was a bit average, we had reasonable mussels and a poor burger. There's not a great choice of eating places in the village though and as such this is worth a try.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review.
I am sorry you did not enjoy your meal, our burgers are in fact our most popular item on the menu after haddock so I am surprised it was not up to standard. If you had raised it with our member of staff you would most definitely not have been charged for your meal so I am sorry you left disappointed and hope you make a return visit in the future and allow us the chance to redeem ourselves,

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed for one night, only one night as the hotel was fully booked for a 2nd night!

The rooms are refurbished and are clean, well appointed, comfortable new mattresses and pillows and functional clean bathrooms.

The food, as always, is freshly prepared and very tasty. The bar is welcoming and the night I stayed had an excellent ceilidh band playing.

I can't wait for my next trip later in the year

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your kind words.
As always, it is an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us in LSH. I am thrilled you were able to be here for one of our traditional music sessions and hope it's long before we see you again!
Lynda