All reviews loch shiel locals and visitors smoked fish loaded burger spent a lovely evening country hotel highly recommend this hotel dining room warm welcome second to none langoustines welcoming staff well behaved great area an upgrade open fire sticky toffee pudding
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I can highly recommend this hotel, situated in a lovely position at the bottom end of Loch Shiel. It may not look impressive from the outside but inside you are assured of the best of Scottish hospitality. The staff are excellent, in particular the manager, Lynda, who went out of her way to make available an impromptu drying room for wet walking gear. The room was recently renovated, clean and comfortable. The restaurant didn’t have a Michelin star but was more than adequate. In short, a little gem.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
LyndaJLSH, Manager at Loch Shiel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review.
It really was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us in Loch Shiel hotel and I sincerely hope we see you again in the future,

kindest regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Popped in for lunch whilst passing by and we were both really impressed by the food and the service; I had the langoustines and soup and my husband had smoked fish and fish and chips. They were some of the freshest and tastiest and best priced I’ve had - and we’ve been coming to Scotland for over 25 years and make a point of seeking out fish restaurants to eat in. The waitress (and I can’t remember her name) was fantastic; genuine, friendly, helpful. We felt very welcome and she was giving us directions to lovely beaches andpaces to see. It was such a lovely experience that next time were up, we will make a bee line for this hotel. It’s very worth the 2 hour drive for.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, I am thrilled you had such an enjoyable visit.
We are very lucky to have access to beautiful fresh locally sourced seafood and I am so pleased you enjoyed it so much.
I hope you had a chance to enjoy our beautiful beaches in the glorious sunshine we have been enjoying recently and look forward to seeing you in LSH again in the future,

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Stayed one night and used as a base to explore the area and this hotel was perfect. It has plenty of Highland charm and VERY WELCOMING STAFF. We had a room with a view of the loch on the 2nd floor and it was perfect for our needs. We had a great sleep in a very comfy bed with lovely bedding. You cant beat a small local hotel with an open fire and friendly conversation with locals in the bar.

Room tip: The breakfast was EXCELLENT.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LyndaJLSH, Manager at Loch Shiel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you kindly for your lovely review. I am thrilled you had such a pleasant stay with us and felt welcomed by the staff and were able to get the craic with our amazing locals, I hope we see you both again in LSH in the future,
thanks again

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Traditional Scottish Hotel with ok bar food. Not quite what we expected from the reviews and web site as the dining room was not open for dinner,only the bar menu available. Busy bar so barman kept going serving drinks and food.
Our room was very clean but far too cold in the evening and no heat in the radiator in the bathroom.
The chef was good in the morning taking our order and giving us options for breakfast.
Great area for sightseeing, fishing, stalking and walking.
Disappointing they didn't respond to our e mail.

Room tip: Pick a room overlooking the loch
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
I am so sorry you did not have the most enjoyable stay with us. I respond to every single email we receive so am at a loss as to why yours was not replied to, if I had received it you would have most definitely had a response.
Our main dining room is only open in the busy season months as we have a dining area off the bar which allows my very capable staff to wait on whilst covering the bar, out of season, we cut our staff by two thirds so they multi-task with bar and waiting.
We have had on going issues with our heating system which is why all the rooms have radiators however we are in the process of fitting a new system as I write this so I sincerely hope you make a return visit some time in the future,

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I was here twice in October, For a drink and for dinner and for lunch. Very friendly great service, good food, and good company what more do you need.
I had the fish and chips both times. My pint of Belhaven was nice as well.
Its a nice local place. wander in order at the bar along with a pint and sit down when its ready.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank John M

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your visits to us and that you felt the service, staff and food were good,
thanks again