“Clean, small & out of the way”
Review of Destin RV Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Miramar Beach
Destin RV Resort
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

This rv park is very nice. It is quiet, clean, nicely landscaped & it's paved or has brick pavers throughout. The spots are level, but feel crowded. Our spot, 34, had a lot of shrubs invading our elbow room & a cemented table with benches right at our door. I appreciated the concrete table, but, with the bushes, it didnt give our family of 5 the room we need. My kids played on an empty rv spot next to us.

The pool was clean & patio area was sufficient.

The gated entry was nice, but was open all day. Closed at night.

The wifi worked well. But, really...you are on vacation...put the electronics down & enjoy real live life!

We paid $80/night. We felt this was acceptable for Labor Day weekend. However, this place is out of the way & not it walking distance to anything including the beach. We wouldn't pay this for a regular stay.

Overall, we liked the park & the night gate closure. We wouldn't stay here again because we like to have more access. We prefer to walk to the beach We don't need to be "on" the beach, but a short walk across the street is preferable for us.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank npittman29
DickForsberg, Manager at Destin RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for the kind remarks. It appears that you didn't
realize our private beach access is only about 200 yards
away. We are located just behind a beach outlet that fronts
Scenic Gulf & if you walk out our pool gate you cross a
side street & then cross the Scenic Gulf Drive - beach road.
There is a gravel parking lot for our guests who drive over
& carry alot of beach toys & tents & chairs. Most people
walk over. We are within walking distance of several restaurants
and there is a rental car office less than a block from our
exit gate. Our neighboring RV park is further from the beach &
another RV park on Hwy 98 has sites on the beach at a premium
rate - but if you are elsewhere in that park you have a much
longer walk. We are within blocks of the Silver Sands Outlets,
& within 5 miles of many retail, entertainment & dining venues.
Not sure about your "out of the way" comment.
Dick Forsberg

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Not much for the $79/ngt. Small pool with outdated patio furniture. Gated yet front access open all day long. Small sites. Not close enough to beach to walk. Nice landscaping and quiet. Easy check in and friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Texasrvfamily

Thanks for taking time to review. We believe our resort is priced
appropriately for the amenities we offer. We are not the most
expensive RV Resort in this area. Our beach access is
approximately 200 yards from the pool gate, just across Scenic
Gulf Drive. Many of our guests find this an easy walk. There is
also a gravel driveway for your parking convenience.
Dick Forsberg

Reviewed 17 July 2013

It's funny , as a business owner and looking at some of the reviews about this resort I always try to read between the lines. My wife and I have been here 9 months while we are building a new home. The management staff have been really terrific to deal with, this is not one of the largest parks we have visited but A very nice, clean, beautifully land scaped and gated park. All the people we have met here over the past 9 months have been very friendly and courteous. Most people when they travel usually bring enough clothes so they dont have to do laundry, I have my own washer and dryer in my 5th wheel so I do not need laundry services. The pool service man is here every,did I say every day. The pool skimmers work fine, they are gravity fed not pumped so they appear to move less water. The management can't control irresponsible guests who let their children in the pool with poopy diapers. Mary Lou and Dick the park managers go above and beyond to make sure this RV resort runs smoothly, I have seen them come back many times to help someone after hours. Over all I think DRV is a great place to stay, being a gated park gives a great sense of security, centrally located to restaurants, outlets and just a few steps from the Gulf what more can you ask for?

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Ross N

Thanks for the Kudos. As a business owner, you understand that some
things we can control. Other things we cannot. I appreciate you taking
time to write a review. Dick Forsberg, Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed here last week. Very small but nice sites. They definitely need a larger laundry room. There is only 2 washers and 2 dryers - 1 set wasn't working while we were there. Everyone was having to wait to wash and dry clothes. The shower rooms definitely need some improvement. There is no where to put your dry clothes while showering. As many campgrounds as we've been too, this is the first with no where to put your clothes. Someone put a plastic chair in there and that's what we had to use. As much money as they're making, they could at least add a shelf for your dry clothes and towel. The pool sucks. The skimmer is not doing it's job - it is not skimming anything off the top of the pool. Very disappointed as we pay more to have a campground with a pool for our child. He didn't get to play in this one. When we spoke to management, their response was - this is how it's always been!! Destin is too commercialized and too busy for us so we probably won't be returning anytime soon. Navarre is a much better place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Godojofamily
DickForsberg, Manager at Destin RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Guest, I'm sorry your experience with us was disappointing. I checked the ladies shower
room and in fact there are 3 clothes hooks on the wall by the shower. We use the plastic chair
because it is easy to sanitize. We are however going to reorganize the room and add additional counter space and more hanging hooks. Re the pool; the day in question our pool contractor was on site and he explained that the skimmer is the correct one for our pool. It was working and our pool was clean that day. I believe you took my comment out of context. I was referring to the fact that the skimmer works properly and has always worked as it was working that day. Perhaps you are right in your comment that Destin is not for you. Yes we do have hundreds of retail establishments, restaurants, and entertainment venues and we do have major traffic.....obviously because so many other people love Destin and chose to vacation here every year. Thank you
for sharing your comments and I wish you well in Navarre ! DForsberg, Manager

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Though on the small side, the sites are really nice. The walk to the beach is easy. Amenities are really close. I value the fenced/gated access. We have had family/friends rent the really convenient on-site apartments. I have been here 3 or 4 times now and the only knock I can give is its Wifi Service, which is absolutely terrible. We turned wifi off on our phones and used our VZW Mifi for the computer just due to frustration.

I will likely return, but with my own internet access :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Danny F

Dear Guest, Thank you for so many positive comments. I wanted to address the problem you had with our Wifi service. During the time you vacationed with us, we were experiencing major
issues with the service for two specific reasons. We had been hit by a lightning strike that week
and our tech contractor was working hard to solve the issue. During the same period of time,
we realized that a guest in the resort was downloading extremely large files. These are just
a sample of the kinds of things that can disrupt service. I do think you are wise to use your
VZW Mifi when possible so that you will not be upset or frustrated while on vacation just in case
service is bad for any reason ! Again, thanks and please do return to Destin RV Resort. We
value your patronage and appreciate that you took time to review. DForsberg, Manager

Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

The facility is pretty and well kept.
The wifi may as well be nonexistent. As soon and you pause and take a drink it knocks you off and you have to log in again. Very poor. If you are going to offer a service at least allow paying customers to use it.
I can't really comment on the staff because we rarely saw any of them. We saw a gentleman pressure washing the drive but he wasn't talkative at all. The place is very small and doesn't have a dog walk. We walked ours off the grounds. I doubt I would stay here again although I did like the property. Just not my cup of tea. Too uptight.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Billn39

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to review. It appears that you experienced wifi issues
and that could have been weather related, or any number of tech problems that we have to
deal with. Fortunately it is the exception and not the rule. My wife and I are here Monday
through Friday from 9 to 5 plus. The Resort is covered on Weekends by another long term
employee. There are times when I am on site (like the day I was
pressure washing) and I apologize for not responding to you while I was working. One other
comment that you made needs an explanation. We are very pet friendly and we do have an
area for pets to be walked. It is the wide grass area that borders our fence on the entrance
side of the resort. It is outside the fence in order to be away from our sites; but easily accessed and part of our private property.
I'm not certain about your "uptight" comment. We strive to be friendly and welcoming and
although we do have certain restrictions, we host very discriminating RV'rs who expect the
security of those restrictions. Again, thank you for the review. DForsberg, Manager

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Don't book a site at this campground unless you are walking in the door unless you have a lot of money to waste. There cancellation policy is that you will pay the full amount unless you cancel at least 15 days before you get there. I will never recommend this camp ground to anyone I meet and will be happy to let them know why.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Terry L

Dear Guest, You are right ! We do require that the balance is paid in full 15 days prior to
arrival and unfortunately we cannot refund monies paid for reservations after the 15 day
window. However, you failed to mention that we have a very generous policy for guests
who need to cancel after that 15 day deadline ! Because we do not want your vacation money to be wasted; we will gladly put your reservation on HOLD and give you 100% credit for money
paid to be used any time within the following year ! This policy has been well received and
appreciated by many travelers who experienced emergencies, illnesses, or change of plans
that caused them to have to cancel vacation days. Perhaps I wasn't given the opportunity to
explain this to you. For that I apologize. DForsberg, Manager

#2 of 4 in Miramar Beach
Embarc Sandestin
Embarc Sandestin
#1 of 1 in Miramar Beach

Been to Destin RV Resort? Share your experiences!