“LeCiel Hotel Far Away from ALL amenities!”

Bayside at Sandestin
Atlanta, Georgia
“LeCiel Hotel Far Away from ALL amenities!”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

It is a drive to the beach... there is no beach on the bay (where the hotel is located). Front desk is NOT knowledgeable of their own resort... couldn't answer any questions we had... Not even about the golf course/range on the other side of the parking lot!!! (which was a sandestin golf course!).. Not to metion, the staff look like a bunch of slobs- with their over sized blouses! you think they could iron out the wrinkles and brush their hair before coming to work. Oh wait, did I mention the front desk staff leaves at 12 midnight?... yea, they give you a code to reenter the building... No room service is available... There is no food or beverage available near this hotel after 4pm. There is a pool bar (which we never went to) open til ..and the only food available near this property is another broken egg, only open until 2pm!!! You must drive to get to any other restaurant or bar. The rooms are dated. The tram "service" that will take you around the resort is a joke... it took us an hour to get to baytown (their fun village)... when its only about a 5 minute drive away... The one driver actually skipped our stop to drop other guests off at the Hilton!!! Added another 15-20min onto our tram ride... after that night we never used the tram again. My husband was steaming mad.
We will not stay at LeCiel or any other part of Sandestin again!
Way better options available in the area... especially when we were under the impression that we were getting a BEACHFRONT hotel... So upset with this stay..
The only thing that was nice... --- our sheets were clean.. and the air conditioning worked!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel... better yet, dont stay at sandestin... unless its at the hilton...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmbcook85
jmbcook85,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us here at Sandestin. We appreciate your business and we apologize for your experience. Your issues are being reviewed and addressed by our Front Office Operations team. We are saddened you did not receive the guest service experience that Sandestin is all about. We strive to meet all of our guests expectations and requests. We do hope you will choose to visit Sandestin again in the future. We have many different types of accommodations for your to choose from and one of our reservation specialist will be happy to assist and see your are placed in a unit that meets your expectations of what Sandestin is all about.

Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The website is not at all accurate in describing this property. This place is a dump and the service is terrible. The bathrooms are dirty and look like something from a motel 6. On a positive note the room was clean enough and the bed and linens are comfortable. Overall, I would not stay here again. Next time I will stay in the Hilton across the way.

• Stayed May 2013
LLathamm,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us, We apologize you were not pleased with your stay with us at LeCiel. We are saddened to hear of the miscommunication you encountered regarding LeCiel. We have many types of accommodations available here at Sandestin and we are confident we have something that will be perfect for your next stay. Please feel free to contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com when you would like to visit our area again and I will see you are placed in a unit that meets your expectations.

Travellers are raving about these Miramar Beach hotels

Gainesville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2013

View was awesome, and area was nice, however room was quite dated and halls smelled strongly of must and cigarette smoke. Not a place I would pick to stay myself. Restaraunt next door was very good dor breakfast and location was near many good places to eat and shop.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Susan S
Susan S,

Thank you for staying with us here at Sandestin. We appreciate your business and we hope you will choose to stay with us again soon. We are sorry you were not completely satisfied with your stay at LeCiel. The views from LeCiel are amazing and you can catch the best sunsets from the balconies at LeCiel. We are glad to see you visited Another Broken Egg and enjoyed some of their great food. We have 1200+ accommodations here on the resort and something for everyone. We are confident one of our reservations team will place you in just the right unit on your next stay with us.

St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed here recently on a trip to Destin for a conference. After booking my accomodations, I read the reviews here and I was starting to get nervous. Not a lot of positive things shared, but once I got there, I was impressed.

First of all, the Sandestin resort is HUGE. I had no idea just how big it was and all of the places you could stay on the resort. I thought everything would be in walking distance, but its not. However, you can get a tram anywhere.

The LeCiel Hotel was fine for my needs. The room was fine; it was clean and always cleaned at the end of the day. The front desk staff were amazing! There were about three female front desk staff that seemed to be there during my staff and all of them were friendly and offered lots of suggestions for places to go to eat, etc. Very helpful.

Again, knowing nothing about this place when I book (it was booked for me through the confernece), upon checking in, the Front Desk Staff was able to get me a room on the BaySide on the 5th Floor. Every evening, i enjoyed a glass of wine overlooking the bay with the warm breeze blowing; it was great.

Not sure who the decor is trying to appeal to, but it isn't mean. The 'art' in my room and colors of the room, were not to my taste, but it didn't affect my expereince at all.

P.S. Head over to the Bayside Wharf if you get the time. I heard about it, but never ventured over there until my last day. What a great area and I wish I had done it earlier to explore more.

Room Tip: Get a room on the Bayside if possible.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim N
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 April 2013

On our 80 day trip we found more to do at Sandestin than any other place. However, our room left much to be desired- few amenities, unappealing lobby, but very nice people. It is the only room-only facility so no other choices

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank harriettm
Mobile, AL
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Purchased through Hotwire as a 4 star - more like a 2 star the stated amenities were not available and we were charged for parking.

The room had an in wall leaking (onto the balcony black and pink fluid) noisy moldy air conditioner, smelling moldy.

The whole outdoor/pool area was filthy. The kid zone had a pool table with splintered sticks, very dangerous.

The pool was unattended and the towels, when available were thin dingy old bath towels.

Tram was unpredictable. Room had a microwave, a mini frig. 2 coffeemugs. 2 cups, 2 wine glasses. No silverware, plates or bowls.

No wash cloths. The water pressure was very low.

Condo owner who spend days repairing the room across from ours leaving their door open til way past 10 pm. The moving van blocked the front door.

Told there was a 2 million renovation, new paint and 2 water walls in the entry, added furniture on each floor. We had a metal sculpture in our room, which had very sharp edges. I hung a towel over it after running into it the first night.

Otis was fixing elevators all week, made long waits or walking 6 floors w/ beach gear.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank larry6905
Crandon, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Booked on Travelocity as a "Top Secret" 4-Star Condo. I paid waaaaaaayyyy too much for this! For one, LeCeil is a "boutique hotel", not Condos. It is very modern, clean and nicely decorated by hotel room standards, but it's not a condo. A mini refrigerator does not constitute calling this a condo. The pool area is lacking majorly. The tiki bar was closed and boarded up, the water was freezing cold and there is no jacuzzi. Staff were very cold, they said and did the minimum things required but without a smile or any warmth! Not what I expect from a vacation resort of this caliber!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin-Sandestin
Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin
Wingate by Wyndham Destin

Been to Bayside at Sandestin? Share your experiences!