Bayside at Sandestin
Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard(Miramar Beach)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$224
US$301
US$278
US$265
Travelocity
Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$331
US$219
  • Pool
Embarc Sandestin(Miramar Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsresort viewgolf coursebeautiful view of the baychoctawhatchee baybike ridingtram serviceheated poolbeach sidemini fridgebeach chairsspring breakwharfdresserbeachsidecourses
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel LeCiel in June for the second time this year. We had a great visit and stayed in a recently remodeled room we booked thru SanDestin. We had a Bayside room with two queen beds and the view was awesome! From the balcony we could see The Grand Sandestin. The room was very clean and all service personnel, front desk, maids and maintenance team were all friendly. The tram to the beach and the Baytown Wharf was busy but seemed to work fine. Our family had a great time and we will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank DRoyse61
Beth S, Manager at Bayside at Sandestin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

DRoyce61,

Thank you so much for your review and for choosing Sandestin. We appreciate your business and we do hope you will choose LeCiel again soon. LeCiel is a great location and has the very best views of the sunrise and sunset of any location here at the resort. With a view of the Choctawhatchee Bay, Baytowne Marina and always a dolphin or two you can't go wrong with this location. Our staff does an amazing job at taking care of our guests needs and requests. We do hope you will join us again soon and take advantage of all we have to do and see here at Sandestin.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I felt dirty here. I always bring my own pillowcase, towels, soap and slippers. These items came in handy. I was afraid to touch the floor, sheets, towels, etc. After sleeping in the bed, I felt like I needed to take a shower immediately. I was expecting bugs, but there weren't any. Thank Goodness! Be sure to buy soap. You just get a sliver. The towels are wafer thin too. That's how they are able to fashion them into a duck. You only get the soap chip and make up remover pads. No shampoo, lotion, conditioner. Microwave and fridge a plus, but was expecting a stovetop. A whopping $60. housekeeping fee was added to my bill. Don't know why. The grounds and inside decorations were stylish. Very modern, but my room didn't reflect the lobby's decor. It was dark and dank. I will admit it, the room was quiet though. Couldn't hear any of my neighbor's comings and goings or conversations. The property sits on the bay. Picture worthy views if you have an ocean view room or you can sit outside. Large lounge chairs are available. Booked through a property management in Destin, so I didn't have to check in. However, when I asked the clerk about amenities, mainly the shuttle, he told me. "You didn't book through us so you can't use it." Thankfully, we had wristbands in our room for free shuttle rides around the resort. Shuttle drivers were very informative. So much to do on the resort. However, it's more expensive there.
Tips: Look for deals on food, water sports, and other activities in the hundreds of coupon books available.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This two-night stay concluded a nine day, three hotel trip. LeCiel was the most expensive hotel we used and also provided the least satisfactory stay. The only two positives were: friendly check in at 10:45 PM, and a comfortable bed. The negatives were: broken/faulty balcony door handle, only received one deck chair (all others appeared to have two), loud AC, room door did not completely seal which caused a loud rattle any time a neighboring guest opened or closed their doors, hallways smelled, DVD player only played in black and white (incorrect wires?), window blinds did not close all the way (broken clips), and both of our key cards were deactivated on day two of three. The biggest issue was the lack of maid service, I called at 5PM to ask when I could expect it and I was told my room rate did not include it, they will only clean at departure, I had to request new towels. Overall it looks like they tried to make an old rundown hotel look nice by putting in artwork and painting the walls, lipstick on a pig. I read some reviews and emailed, Beth (she has responded to many reviews as a manager), she replied via email, assured me this not normal and stated she would call me by noon on Monday, June 3rd. She never followed up after that. I suppose it just shows that their company responses are just canned answers or lip service and they do not care about their guests.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Hackman1982
Beth S, Manager at Bayside at Sandestin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Hackman1982,

Will, we appreciate your business and you choosing Sandestin. As we have discussed via telephone this week, we certainly apologize for your experience. As I stated earlier what you encountered is not the standard nor is it acceptable. We do want you and your family to come and enjoy the resort again and see what we are all about and all we have to offer. I look forward to hearing from you soon regarding the resolutions that we have discussed regarding your Sandestin experience.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

It is a drive to the beach... there is no beach on the bay (where the hotel is located). Front desk is NOT knowledgeable of their own resort... couldn't answer any questions we had... Not even about the golf course/range on the other side of the parking lot!!! (which was a sandestin golf course!).. Not to metion, the staff look like a bunch of slobs- with their over sized blouses! you think they could iron out the wrinkles and brush their hair before coming to work. Oh wait, did I mention the front desk staff leaves at 12 midnight?... yea, they give you a code to reenter the building... No room service is available... There is no food or beverage available near this hotel after 4pm. There is a pool bar (which we never went to) open til ..and the only food available near this property is another broken egg, only open until 2pm!!! You must drive to get to any other restaurant or bar. The rooms are dated. The tram "service" that will take you around the resort is a joke... it took us an hour to get to baytown (their fun village)... when its only about a 5 minute drive away... The one driver actually skipped our stop to drop other guests off at the Hilton!!! Added another 15-20min onto our tram ride... after that night we never used the tram again. My husband was steaming mad.
We will not stay at LeCiel or any other part of Sandestin again!
Way better options available in the area... especially when we were under the impression that we were getting a BEACHFRONT hotel... So upset with this stay..
The only thing that was nice... --- our sheets were clean.. and the air conditioning worked!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel... better yet, dont stay at sandestin... unless its at the hilton...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmbcook85

jmbcook85,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us here at Sandestin. We appreciate your business and we apologize for your experience. Your issues are being reviewed and addressed by our Front Office Operations team. We are saddened you did not receive the guest service experience that Sandestin is all about. We strive to meet all of our guests expectations and requests. We do hope you will choose to visit Sandestin again in the future. We have many different types of accommodations for your to choose from and one of our reservation specialist will be happy to assist and see your are placed in a unit that meets your expectations of what Sandestin is all about.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

The website is not at all accurate in describing this property. This place is a dump and the service is terrible. The bathrooms are dirty and look like something from a motel 6. On a positive note the room was clean enough and the bed and linens are comfortable. Overall, I would not stay here again. Next time I will stay in the Hilton across the way.

• Stayed: May 2013

LLathamm,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us, We apologize you were not pleased with your stay with us at LeCiel. We are saddened to hear of the miscommunication you encountered regarding LeCiel. We have many types of accommodations available here at Sandestin and we are confident we have something that will be perfect for your next stay. Please feel free to contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com when you would like to visit our area again and I will see you are placed in a unit that meets your expectations.