Bayside at Sandestin
Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard(Miramar Beach)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$224
US$310
US$301
US$278
US$265
Travelocity
Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$331
US$219
  • Pool
Embarc Sandestin(Miramar Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsresort viewgolf coursebeautiful view of the baychoctawhatchee baybike ridingtram serviceheated poolbeach sidemini fridgebeach chairsspring breakwharfdresserbeachsidecourses
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Made reservation at le Ciel in late 2012. Sorry to report it was very disappointing. Let me start with the Le Ciel which looks quite beautiful online but is really quite a dump. The pool picture must have been shot with a special camera because it's nothing close to the picture. I booked a suite there, but decided to change to another building when I arrived. Reason: There was a busload with a pretty disgusting group of people checking in upon my arrival and let me say they were not even close to motel 6 caliber customers. Enough said. The lobby clerks (2 of them I believe ) couldn't handle the massive amount of checkins and I am sure it would have taken an hour to check standing with scum of the earth. I wouldn't want to have stayed there with that group, but they were a good fit for the caliber of the property which should be named le motele six. The building is an ugly looking hotel with renovated lobby and as stated the pool is nothing much and had plenty of low lifes in it too. One has to wonder if the rooms can possibly look as nice as the pictures posted online if the pool picture is such a misrepresentation. We never went to a room but from the ire reviewers it sounds like the rooms are misrepresented as well.
We went to a beachside building instead which was ok but nothing great. It had older beat up furniture and there was no service whatsoever... No one there to see for anything. No maid service, no one to get even an extra towel from, no help with luggage, nothing. Not even a snack machine. Only a soda machine on the parking level. The room also had freezing cold very strong blowing air in the bathrooms and one side of the living room area, but the bedroom and other side of living area were warm with little or no air. So freeze your butt off after and during a shower and sweat once you thaw out in the bedroom. The washer dryer in the room was vented into the closet and lint was everywhere and it did not dry clothes. I have to say this will be my last trip to Sandestin Golf and Beach Club. Even Baytowne wharf had a good number of seedy looking people and no real attractions there except some minimal attractions for kids like trampolines and sky ride. Whoopee.
Do yourself a big favor and rent a condo somewhere else or get a room at Watercolor or Seaside or another nicer place than this. You won't be making a mistake if you do that.
Until the resort is renovated this place is off my list and off the list of friends and relatives who have the same opinion. It used to be nice but so was Atlantic city NJ in the 60s. If you like motel 6 you'll like Le ciel. If you like old beat up rooms you'll like their beach bldgs and the grand hotel. Otherwise find a nice place elsewhere. I hope the sandestin will renovate and not just put a band aid on the run down accommodations. We hope it can return to its once great resort status. Until then I suggest avoiding the complex. Also some employees there were not customer service oriented and some were downright rude such as the beach hut chair rental guy who tried to alter prices making them higher than even the posted rates even though it was very late in the day like 4pm when we attempted to rent chairs. When questioned about it he became confrontational and extremely rude...
Front desk folks at the Grand were in need of some adjustment in attitude as well. When we switched from le ciel to a beachside building they seemed indifferent and not caring about the inconvenience. The reservation agent on the phone originally also wasn't quite up front about le ciel in the first place and said it was their new beautiful boutique hotel when in fact as I stated it was nothing close to what was described by the agent or as it is shown online.

Room Tip: Choose a room elsewhere
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here earlier this year, and I gave it a pretty good review. However, this time, I was a bit disappointed. Why? Well for one, we had to check in on the other side of the entire resort at The Grand. While it was nice to go in that beautiful hotel, it was out of the way. I thought to myself, what if I need something while I am at my hotel? Evidently, they do not have anyone at all manning the front counter at LeCiel, which I found quite cheap for a community that surely lacks no capital. Even mom and pop hotels have someone at the front. The a/c vent was falling off outside, and there were small holes in the wall where the paint was chipped off from a chair.

This is not a horrible place to stay, but it is clearly the neglected stepchild of the resort. Also, if you book through a third-part, the price may be a bit deceiving for that fact that their prices do not include the taxes. I won't be coming back here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband and I booked through the Sandestin Resort and were told we would be in either the Grand or LeCeil. Ended up in the latter and were very disappointed. It is the oldest hotel, has clean rooms but in great need of renovating. We looked at the first assigned room but asked to be moved. It was on the bay side, first floor with a very tiny patio surrounded by small shrubs and shared with room next door. An outdoor gathering area was directly in front of our patio doors. Front desk was very cooperative when we requested a room higher up, bayside. Reassigned the corner room on 3 rd floor which had a no water view due to several palm trees blocking view. Had small balcony with a couple of chairs but could not use it without turning off air conditioning unit which was extremely noisy both inside the room and on the patio. Noise even disturbed my husband's sleep with his hearing aides removed.

Stayed 3 nights and housekeeping made an appearance only once and that was after we had gathered our own trash and inquired at the front desk where to dispose of it. DVD player was broken. Repairman came late evening & was able to fix it somewhat. Room was fairly clean although tub drain backed up and bathroom floor was dirty. The Resort Complex itself was very nice; just would never recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My family of 4 stayed at this property Aug 16-18. The weather was not favorable, it rained the ENTIRE weekend so we weren't able to have the full experience of the resort.

After reading the many, many reviews I was very concerned after booking this hotel through Hotwire and then seeing this was place I "won". I do not think it is a 4 start property as hotwire lists it ( I honestly think they list it that way because it is a part of the SanDestin brand). However, it isn't half as bad as the reviews I read before arriving. We stayed on the 5th floor in room 6572, which overlooked the bay. 2 queen beds ( maybe dbl, not sure), flat panel tv and a dvd player. Yes, the hotel is an older hotel, but it was cleaner than some of the fancier, more expensive ones I've stayed in. I stayed @ a Marriot a couple weeks prior and had dirty linen covered with a clean duvet. This place had linen that looked like it was pressed!

I did give Beth Sandlin a call and shared my concerns with her, long before we arrived and she was very good at telling me exactly what to expect from LeCeil. She even offered to move our reservation to a different property. Booking through a 3rd party, I did not expect that at all. She was straightforward and she followed up, we had no surprises when we got there. We received some complimentary things, but the weather did not allow us to take full advantage of it.

The pool area and the view across the bay is beautiful right at the start of nightfall!

If I had to say one thing I did not like, it would be that the lobby is awkwardly small and beds were too firm for my liking, but that is a preference thing.

If you are a Ritz Carlton kind of traveler, than this is definitely not the place for you. But I think it fits in well with a typical 3 star hotel. I don't understand all the fuss and disappointment, I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Pictures on website are very deceiving, this hotel is located in the back of the resort. It is obvious they photo edited the pictures to make it look better then it is. It is basically like a rundown motel 6. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013