“birthday meal”
Review of Carfraemill

Carfraemill
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lauder
Reviewed 4 August 2014

not been here for a long time but must say tonight was really very good, the service, the friendly staff, and the food was excellent, did not have to book as it was early and not busy, but will certainly go back.

Room Tip: have the fish and chips
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Carfraemill

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here, we have eaten probably 4 or 5 times and each time we are so impressed with the accommodation, the staff and the food is amazing. Only down side last night was that the real ale on draft was not particularly nice. The cooked breakfast was amazing - the best I have ever had. A hotel that is a home from home but I don't need to do the washing up.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pashld
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We had a nice lunch here whilst out a drive. The place is very nice, clean and tidy the place has very nice friendly staff. .

The menu was substantial and the meal itself was very nice. We would definitely revisit.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went with friends for Sunday Lunch on 6th July. Good parking - mind the main road as you cross to hotel / restaurant. Restaurant bright and airy. Wide selection on menu. My wife and I went for the Sunday Roast Pork - what a great choice - huge portions with fabulous flavours. Managed to have dessert as well - also excellent. Total bill less than expected. Also Cask ales at the bar. We thought our peace and quiet was going to be disrupted when a mini-coach arrived with all male passengers coming in for a drink, but we needn't have worried - restaurant waiter directed them outside where their drinks were served. Well done to the staff. No complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I've eaten at the Lodge many a time on my way and back from Scotland and the food and service have always been good. Last week I decided to stop off with my mother as we both wanted something to eat. I ordered a panini and my mother ordered a sandwich. We also ordered a pot of tea and after about 10minutes I was asked again if I would like something to drink. I advised the waitress we had already ordered tea however the first waitress came back to inform me she had forgot. Anyhow our tea eventually arrived but we waited for about 40minutes for our food. No apology for the lateness until about 10minutes into eating my panini, the waitress came over to apologise for the food coming out late. Her reason for this was the chef was really busy. Seriously?? It's a Saturday so would the chef be thinking he/she would be in for a quiet day. Hmmmm. I don't think I will be going back in a hurry.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Pattycakes46
Reviewed 30 June 2014

First time at Carfraemill as we were meeting friends from Coldstream. Will definitely go back, lovely well informed staff, an excellent choice of food at very reasonable prices. Food was excellent, had a great night catching up with friends. Looking forward to my next visit, Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2014

when i phoned to book for the weekend susan was fantastic,,,, she was so helpful and professional...
we arrived on the sat to be meet by chris,,, he was a true gent, from the moment we stepped into the hotel we were made to feel welcome,,,
we had room 3 ,,, its beautiful,,,, not the greatest view but the room is beautiful, the bathroom was spotless, something which means alot to me, !!
the food is fantastic ate 2 meals at night and all presented to a great standard,,, be aware though huge portions !!!!!
breakfast was cooked to order so allow a bit of time , it wasnt a problem to us as we allowed time for this .The housekeeping staff whom i meet in the morning even made time for a chat,, everybody that worked here seemed happy ,

i would like to say a huge thanks to susan who made our weekend staying here perfect. x
we will certainly return even of it is to use the restaurant,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carol003
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lauder
Black Bull Hotel
Roxburghe Hotel & Golf Course
Ednam House
Ednam House
#4 of 4 in Kelso

Been to Carfraemill? Share your experiences!