“Very welcoming.”
Review of Glenlea

Glenlea
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coldingham
Glenlea
Ranked #2 of 4 Coldingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed at Glenlea with my husband and son for six nights. The place was immaculate, the bed was comfortable and breakfast was plentiful. The owners were very pleasant and welcoming (including their teenage son, who was very polite). When Ailsa realised it was my birthday, she made me a special breakfast of gorgeous pancakes, baked me some cupcakes and helped my son decorate them! I have never experienced anything like this at any B&B we’ve stayed in! It was a very thoughtful gesture, the cupcakes were delicious and we took the leftover ones back home with us! We’re definitely planning a return visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Glenlea

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Great value little B&B. Ailsa was very friendly and accommodating for our one night stay. The breakfast was delicious and filling.

The twin room was very comfortable and clean. The guest share bathroom (not an en-suite, but this didn't bother us) was also clean and the shower was great.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this B&B to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Fantastic place to stay for a dive weekend as we were or just a break from it all with great hosts who couldn't do enough for us. The rooms we stayed in were of the highest standard including an extremely harty breakfast with some nice cakes for the trip on our dive boat. Look forward to returning soon with some more Burntwood Divers.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Only stayed I night but very comfortable - most comfortable bed I've slept in recently. Aisla was very welcoming , very clean breakfas was fantastic so much we couldn,t eat it all. Nor en-suite yet but plans are in the pipeline.

Room Tip: only two rooms at present but very quiet location.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I would definitely recomment this B&B. So warm and welcoming it was like a home from home.

The room & whole house was very clean and the bathroom was quite luxurious, The guest bathroom had a huge bath and shower with great pressure.

Breakfast was first class, there was so much of it we didn't bother having lunch both days.

The only thing that let the weekend down was the weather. Will definitely be back in the summer.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed with my two children, and was very pleased to find a B&B that could accommodate us all in a (comfy) three-bedded room (including a double for me) at a very reasonable price. The b&b was lovely, and Ailsa made us feel very welcome. My seven and eight year old boys are still talking about the amazing spread that Ailsa laid on for breakfast both mornings - a five star breakfast with freshly made scotch pancakes - wow!

Obviously we knew before booking that the room was not en-suite, but the bathroom (shared with one other guest who we never even saw) was lovely and sparkly, with an amazingly deep big bath that me and my children all enjoyed.

We would not hesitate to come and stay again, and we had a great time at St Abbs rockpooling and playing pitch and putt. The pub a couple of doors away did a lovely evening meal, as did Ailsa herself the night we opted for this (very delicious and great value).

Thank you for your hospitality!
Belinda Wright, and Dominic and Sean

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

The owners endear you into their home- making you feel like old friends the instant you arrive. Exceptional cooking and helpful in every manner. A good base to stay for divers being 2 doors down from the pub! Oh and near to st Abbs too! Delicious cup cakes- many thanks, we look forward to coming back in the future. Paul n Steve

• Stayed: May 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coldingham
Marshall Meadows Country House Hotel
Marshall Meadows Country House H...
#1 of 3 in Berwick-upon-Tweed
#1 of 12 in Eyemouth
The Anchorage
The Anchorage
#4 of 12 in Eyemouth

Been to Glenlea? Share your experiences!