“Good place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhiconich
Glasgow
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed here for one night during a trip visiting up north. We arrived earlier than the normal check in times but that wasn't a problem to the owners and we were shown to our rooms. The rooms are comfortable and clean with lovely fluffy towels. It is obvious that the owners are in the process of upgrading the amenities and some things such as walls need a fresh coat of paint - but really not something that should be a negative.
Staff were lovely and both dinner and breakfast were good.
Also the views from the bedrooms at the front are beautiful.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front to appreciate the views
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank teapot8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Peebles, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Typical highland hotel - never going to be 5* luxury but quite pleasant. Rooms was very nice - shower would just about drown you standing, water must come straight off the mountains!!.

Fantastic not gourmet but good all the same. Service good. Slow internet, but that is the location not the hotel at fault I suspect. -its a long way from anywhere!

Stunning location

Room Tip: front facing rooms have a stunning view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robin W
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel and have stayed here several times over the years. It's ideally located to explore Northwest Sutherland.
Positives: VERY friendly staff. Could not do more to help. Every room has a fantastic view down Loch Inchard and faces the sunset. Rooms have everything you need. Clean and comfortable. Very relaxed hotel.
Opportunities for improvement: The bar really needs to be moved to the front of the hotel (where the guest lounge is located). Bar meals downstairs, restaurant upstairs. Simple. Restaurant menu is bar food. Needs more sophistication (like local favourites like Kylesku Hotel or School House). Need more atmosphere in public areas. Some nice music would help a lot, especially in the restaurant which is just a little sterile!
These are minor points to get the fifth star. Regardless, I will keep going back :-)

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Daryn M
Gloucester
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Nice comfy room ( best bed of the 8 I slept in on this holiday) . The food was very good, with excellent choices for teh vegetarians i our party. Breakfasts were cooked to order and arrived very promptly. The bar man was very helpful and friendly and the young dark haired waiteress gets my vote for most friendly service on my holiday.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Higgle
Gullane, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great place to stay if you are visiting Sandwood Bay or that area.
Wonderful views down the sea loch and well placed for touring.
Its owner and staff were very helpful and went the extra mile for our group.
Rooms are clean and comfortable and lots of hot water which is good after a day out in the wilds.
Food is very good and a varied menu for dinner while breakfast is as simple or complicated as you want it. Wine list is smallish but more than acceptable and very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: ask for view down the loch
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jeremy21558
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was booked to DJ at a party in KLB (Kinlochbervie) and the Rhiconich was the hotel they booked me into. I must admit, when I first arrived I was a bit "meh!" But I always like to give things a try.

No one to greet me, but it was end of March, not high season so I waited. After a few moments I was greeted and shown to my room. The room was excellent, better than the exterior would have me believe. Warm with ensuite and double glazing. All the usual comforts, remote colour tv, kettle, etc. No complaints there. Since I was DJ-ing I was going to be late back, but the host was attending the party so we agree'd I could have a late breakfast & a late checkout.

Excellent!

I gave the host a lift back and if I am honest, I expected a very late breakfast, lol. But he was up with the birds and I had the most excellent full Scottish with a pot of tea to wash it down. It looked so good I took a photo of it :-)

After breakfast, I was given a tour of the hotel and could see it was a work in progress. They had done the double glazing the week before I arrived (Mid March) and were upgrading the rooms with new facilities, paper & paint. I had to admit I was not in the slightest bit disturbed by the renovations. I expect they will be done by now.

I ave read reviews of this hotel and find some of them a bit petty! This is the West Highlands, the pace is a bit slower. Some of you need to calm down and chill out before you arrive. If no one is there, hang around a few minutes, take photo's of the view. It's stunning. I actually used some of my dash cam video to show friends the scenery and they loved it.

If something isn't to your liking, just be nice. Point it out and be gracious as we all appreciate good manners. I am the fussiest person I know, but I was delighted with my welcome and my stay.

Would I visit here again? Absolutely and I would bring my family too.

Room Tip: I stayed at the front, facing the road, but the double glazing kept most of the noise out. It's...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Andi S
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were staying close by but had intended to stay at Rhiconich so visited for a drink & meal. Unfortunately the barman was a bit of an idiot and made it quite clear we weren't welcome, so we did not hang about. In hidsight, the Kinlochbervie hotel was a much nicer location anyway and we were happy to give them our custom. Given the Rhiconich's attitude to customers / guests, I would not be surprised if the place is closed within the year. Perhaps somebody with a better attitude will give it a better chance.

Room Tip: don't stay here unless under new management (from that in place at May 2014)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Rhiconich hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhiconich
Inver Lodge Hotel
#1 of 11 in Durness
Altnacealgach Motel
Altnacealgach Motel
#6 of 10 in Lairg

Been to Rhiconich Hotel? Share your experiences!