“Perfect for unwinding”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Croit Bhraigh

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Stunning vistas to be seen at Croit Bhraigh
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Gwyn S
“Perfect for unwinding”
Reviewed 8 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

A warm, comfortable and welcoming home with lovely scenic views. The cottage has everything you need and is perfect for a get away from it all. If you need to get out and about there are many beach or mountain walks or interesting places to visit close by.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Reviewed 22 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

24 Oct 2017
Thanks for the lovely review. Hope to have you to stay again.

Warm regards

Dewforrie
York, United Kingdom
“Peaceful and a delight”
Reviewed 4 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Brilliant cottage which has everything you need for a great holiday. The wildlife is amazing with deer and pheasants in abundance.
The welcome pack was very generous and the cottage was warm and cosy.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Peace perfect peace”
Reviewed 18 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Stayed at this lovely croft earlier this month. I was very happy with the accommodation, stylish and cosy, and the welcome pack provided by Kenny was very generous, even including logs for the woodburner. The location is wonderful, blissfully quiet with superb views over the valley. Handy too for visiting local points of interest and the beautiful coast near Dornoch. Easy to book, good directions for finding your way to the croft; I have no hesitation recommending you stay here.

20 Sep 2017
Thank you so much for your lovely informative review, as always we love hearing that gust had a fantastic stay.

Hope to welcome you back one day.

Kirriemuir, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Wasntmeth...
“Let Down”
Reviewed 2 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

We booked this cottage 4 Feb 2017 for week 8-15 July 17 and paid the deposit that day.
Four weeks before the start of our holiday we had not received any further communication from the cottage owner regarding payment of the balance due, so we contacted him (11 June) to ask for the outstanding balance due and the method of payment required.
The owner then contacted us back to let us know, due to his personal circumstances the cottage was no longer available.
He did offer us the week before (1-8 July) but my husband has "fixed holiday blocks" and a change or swap at that late stage was not acceptable.
We were left bitterly disappointed, and had only 4 weeks to find alternative accommodation.
The owner repaid us our deposit with an additional £50 as compensation for inconvenience.
I have since discovered the cottage was let out to another family for the week we actually booked.
We were left completely disappointed and hurt, that not only was our holiday cancelled but we were given a cover up story.
I still think the cottage looks beautiful and from previous visits I know the area is stunning, but if you book Croit Bhraigh it may be wise to have a back up - just in case.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
2 Aug 2017
Hi Mrs Hyslop,

Let me start by saying I appreciate any feedback, positive or negative, but I would like to clarify a few points you have raised;
I had received a message from yourself regarding the final payment of your stay the day after I received word of my upcoming hospital procedure for my on going medical condition, Ulcirative Colities. Unfortunately the dates of two hospital stays clashed with your stay and another family's stay, as I explained to you I was stuck as to what I could do and felt the only option was to cancel your stay as I would not be able to conduct a change over etc. I further messaged you with my apology and that I would look in the area for aternative accommodation. As I never heard back from you after refunding your deposit and an extra amount, 4 weeks prior to your stay I assumed you would no longer wish to stay with us, a fair enough outcome to something that had of course affected your planned holiday. My cover story as you detailed it was actually an infusion of medication to help me stay in remission from colitis and a series of invasive examinations. The subsequent booking was established well after this exchange we had and was kindly overseen by my mother who took time off her work in order to help.

I would like to take this opportunity to again apologise for the cancellation and disappointment you must have experienced but I assure you, there was no clandestine agenda in the cancellation of your booking.

Regards

Kenny
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing