“A Great Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Menstrie
Wishaw, United Kingdom
“A Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed overnight with my wife to attend a local wedding. All the staff we met were very pleasant and helpful. All requests were accommodated with a smile.

The hotel is listed as 3 star and is definitely at the top end of this rating. The food was excellent with the evening meal being very competitively priced considering the excellent quality.

A very pleasant way to spend time in the Stirling area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gordon M
BroomhallCastle, General Manager at Broomhall Castle, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
thank you for the great review and glad you enjoyed your stay with us, shame the local wedding wasn't with us or it would have been even more fun!

Hope you make it back again soon.. please let us know if you do

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a bit belated from July but I simply must say how amazing the castle made my wedding in June.
The castle is so nicely situated that is withing easy reach for most people to get to, and as our guest's arrive they truly go a nice sight to behold, half my friends couldn't believe we were getting married in a Castle, I mean you don't get that every day! So they really get a grand entrance as they drive/walk up to the castle grounds as they sit nicely elevated about the town on the hill.
Surrounded by a great environment as well it's nice to just sit and look out the window when you want to relax, or if it's a wedding plan your escape (Haha kidding)

If it was not for this Castles extra special attention they gave to the wedding I fear our plan's had it been in the hands of anyone else would not nearly have ran as smoothly, as nicely and spectacular as they did, many thanks to the staff there. There attention to what my Wife and I had asked for was amazing, even down to the smallest detail they remembered it and even went beyond the call and got me cufflinks which I had forgotten.

I could not have had nicer hosts, Gavin, Rod and Tai and all the staff at Broomhall welcomed me as if this was my home for the time I was staying at the Castle, and rushed themselves of their feet chasing people and organizing it all so that my Wife and I could enjoy the wedding for exactly what it was!

The ceremony went perfect thanks to them and the effort of Broomhall Castle staff, as we had guests flying in from Canada as well, they catered for everyone as best they could.

The food at this place is just....my word, you ask for it they will make it and make it taste better than you have ever had it, my compliments to our chef on both days, as I almost didn't fit into my suit after such fantastic meals with such generous servings.

The rooms as so lovely as well, generously spacious with all really nice furniture that really fits in with the castle style, that rustic look, the warm cozy feeling you need after a long day. The beds were comfortable, although I didn't get to my room till 4am for the bar staff stayed with us through the night until we all called it a night and stopped celebrating, i still enjoyed it none the less.
The bathrooms in the rooms are nice, many compliments were heard of the walk in shower on the higher floor, where my Wife and I enjoyed the luxurious roll top tub that was in our room.
The rooms have great big windows also, some rooms had towers as well which my guest's really enjoyed the novelty of it, so waking up to the hillside view, seeing the Wallace monument as the sun starts to creep up, I mean any more perfect than that?

My experience over all is that I fear that my time their will never be matched by another hotel for service, location, setting and over all enjoyment.

You ever wanted a castle and feel like a King on your wedding, this is the place!

Again many thanks to all the staff at Broomhall Castle,
Fraser & Cassie :D

Room Tip: The Rooms with a Turret are sooooo cool, but the Master bedroom, the Bridal room or whatever it is c...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Fraser L
BroomhallCastle, General Manager at Broomhall Castle, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hi Guys

thank you for the fantastic review, not much I can say to this other than thank you again and again.. it was an absolute pleasure hosting your wedding and glad everyone from far and wide enjoyed it.. and we do certainly hope to see both of you again at some point in the future
barrington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is the place if you want to stay overnight in a castle at a reasonable price. The breakfast was nice too. The only improvement I would suggest is providing guests with more historical information about the castle (year built, history of who lived there, etc...). And maybe print some postcards as momentos.

Cleanliness
1 Thank chernikeric
BroomhallCastle, Public Relations Manager at Broomhall Castle, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us, and glad you enjoyed your stay with us, regarding the historical information, all of our bedrooms do have folders in the room containing all the information we have on the building, and we do regularly print off copies if requested
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

What Broomhall Castle really delivers is that wonderful feeling of "All this? For me?".
You really are staying in a castle, and you won't forget it for a moment.
The rooms have all the mod-cons, but plenty of period details haunt this building, from its days as a private home through to a visit from the Luftwaffe and even its time as a nursing home (the cleverly repurposed doors).
The staff are brilliant, perfectly evoking David Niven in Candleshoe as they juggle a variety of roles simultaneously - the same person who took your bags will pop up to show you into dinner and then pour you a drink at the bar an hour later. In between, you'll catch glimpses of them setting up a function room, or being brilliant with another guest's children. The small team really make it feel personal. And, when you ask their advice about their huge whisky selection or their menu, the answer you get is genuine.
The food, by the way, is great. The menu isn't huge, but each dish is clearly loved by the chef (I had a lovely sea bass, but the veggie haggis Wellington was superb), and the puddings are delightful. The coffee, by the way, was the best we'd had all holiday.
The castle may not have extensive grounds, but it does throw wonderful views on you from every direction, and the building itself is well worth exploring.
Our room was vast, but decorated in a way that made it homely and inviting. There was a sofa ideal for curling up and watching an old film on, the walls were covered with tapestries, and everywhere there was furniture that was classily old without being intimidatingly antique.
If there was ever such a thing as a small friendly castle hotel, then this is it.

Room Tip: Not wanting to brag, but we had a turret room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eustonj
thank you for the lovely review and glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and if you are coming back up to Scotland please let us know and we would love to see you again
Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is a difficult one to make a judgement upon, I get pulled in different directions each time I think about it! A hotel with not a large number of rooms may find it difficult to justify the expenditure required to get everything up to scratch, or to add all those extra touches. Big, high ceilinged rooms, are difficult to make 'comfy', and when they are fairly barren and with few or no other people at all you do feel as though you are rattling around a bit. I bet this place is buzzing when there is a large party (or wedding) to fill the place. However, a bit of space in the dining room is quite nice and there is no 'cramming' of tables...although for two people, the large tables are a bit OTT and empty. A bit more than just tables, chairs, and a large serving sideboard (or was it a table, I can't remember) might make it a bit more welcoming. Making up for any minus, the food at dinner was very nice...but don't expect an extensive menu when the clientelle numbers are relatively small. I'm not sure if the 1960s/70s? fire doors are meant to do anything, when they don't all automatically close and some have holes where old 'door furniture' has been removed! It was impossible to miss the couple in the next bed/bath room having such a good time talking etc, even with their music turned right up...splitting up old rooms with adequate sound proofing can't be easy. The large number of windows, and obviously difficult access to some, must also make it tricky in keeping them all clean. Our bathroom was a touch grubby and high-up cobwebs must have been out of reach, but this is no massive deal breaker for just one night. Ahhh yes...the staff were very nice, and one of the guys kindly carried my wife's suitcase to our room. Regards to all of them, they all appear in my 'positive' column. As I said at the beginning, this is a difficult one to call. If/when you visit, things may have moved on yet further...this place deserves it. P.S. we did not look in the large 'hall/room'.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BroomhallCastle, General Manager at Broomhall Castle, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
thank you for your review and the points raised, and most importantly that overall you enjoyed your stay at the castle, we are working our way around updating and fixing all the little points that we can, and the main problem we are up against is how busy we have been! which is a good complaint to have and this winter we are planning a huge makeover in the bedrooms and guest areas.. so please come back next year and let us know what you think.. once again thank you for the review and hopefully see you again :)
Chiayi County, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We recently stayed there with out 2 girls. The staff was very friendly. We were all very excited to stay in a castle for the first time. The food in the restaurant we thought was good. It was so good, that we ate there on both nights that we were there. The lamb was excellent that we ordered it twice. The breakfast was also a huge spread. The staff was so great that they even google mapped a drive for us and printed it out, to show us the most scenic route to take to get to Fort William. They got swords off the the for the girls to hold to take pics. Wonderful people. It is also a short drive to Stirling castle and Wallace monument. I woud recommend this place for all those that are thinking of staying in the Stirling area.

Rooms
1 Thank hsu125
thank you for the fantastic review and glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves, we hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday and if you are ever back in the UK please let us know and hopefully see you and the girls again
Banchory, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Broomhall is set in a lovely location with staff who cannot do enough for you. My daughter's wedding ran like clockwork due to Gavin's superb timetable and unobtrusive control of the day. Guests were blown away by the wonderful venue, fantastic food and the attitude of all staff. Thank you, we will talk about this weekend for a very long time.
We look forward to returning and seeing you all again soon.

Rooms
Hiya :)

Thanks for the great review and it was an absolute hoot of a wedding.. when are you all coming back for another Harvey / Stewart gathering :) can't wait! It was an honor and pleasure looking after you all .. pass on all our best to the couple and see you all again soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Menstrie
Airth Castle & Hotel
The Stirling Highland Hotel
The Royal Hotel
The Royal Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bridge of Allan

Been to Broomhall Castle? Share your experiences!