“MADRONA Suite #1”
Kingfish Inn, a charming and intimate inn.  All rooms with water views.  A minute from West Sound.
Kingfish1 Alder.  Hand plaster walls lend warmth to this room (upstairs with private deck) Kingfish1 Alder.  Comfortable seating and glorious views.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Kingfish1 Alder.  Comfortable seating and glorious views.
Kingfish1 Alder. Private covered deck with forever views.
Kingfish4: Spruce-Only Suite on 1st floor.  It has a wall of windows and private deck.
Kingfish4 Spruce: Sea views from bed. small kitchenette with microwave, fridge and bar sink.
Kingfish4 Spruce: Views of Marina and islands beyond from room and private deck.
All Suites: snacking items, fruits & power bars to start your morning, other snacks.
All Suites: planning a special celebration.  Call with budget for personalized packages.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Condo/Apartment -
Studio, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 2
Orcas, Orcas Island, San Juan Islands, Washington

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 106 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
French first
Any
Rose_0325
Frederick, Colorado
“MADRONA Suite #1”
Reviewed 15 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed six nights at the Kingfish Inn in the upstairs corner suite (Madrona #1). We really enjoyed our room and the cafe downstairs had amazing breaksfasts and dinners. We ate at other restaurants but always came back to the Kingfish Inn for the food. I read other reviews of this hotel and while I understand that the view was somewhat hampered by the power lines...it is an island after all...and the owners have no say so in where power lines are placed. Also comments about the noise level in the restaurant were rather silly because the restaurant closes at 9:00 pm and things became really quiet after that. The bed was fantastic and we had no complaints. We highly recomment this Inn.

Keli K
Fall City, Washington, United States
“Nice Room”
Reviewed 7 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012
people found this review helpful

I am not sure how I feel about this place. The room and view were very nice. The bathrooms are a little outdated. The showerstall was small. We arrived and could not find anybody onsite. Finally we called and were told our room key was in our door. Nobody stays onsite here or checks in with you to see if you need anything...towels ect. We never heard from the hosts. We went down at 9am for breakfast at the Kingfish Cafe. The food was good but it felt unfriendly and disorganized. Not a bad place if you don't mind never seeing your host. It is truly a self-serve place. We had a great time on Orcas!

Hayekapos...
Towson, MD
“A Unique Part of America”
Reviewed 26 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012

For 25 years, our family has gone to Block Island off my home state of Rhode Island. We did it this year and loved it. But, we had read about the beauty of the San Juan Islands, off the coast of Washington State and bordering British Columbia.

My wife and I went sans children to the beautiful island of Orcas. It was wonderful as was the Kingfish Inn where we stayed. The room was a mini-suite and the view of the harbor below was spectacular. Each day they served a wonderful breakfast which is for the handful of people lucky enough to stay at the Inn.

At night, they have a fine but moderately priced restaurant that is open to the public. Interestingly, lots of locals seem to eat there which is always a good sign.

Orcas is a quiet place but if you need a rest and like hiking and natural beauty it is a fabulous spot and we strongly recommend The Kingfish Inn as a place to stay.

Deb J
Mansfield, Ohio
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 12 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

The Kingfish Inn was a perfect place to spend 3 days on the Island. Beautiful views, peaceful, wonderful breezes, our room was basic, clean and confortable. The Inn restaurant was superb, fresh... just wish we would have made it back in time from saling for one last dinner... the staff of the restaurant were so engaging -- always great to hear from the locals firsthand. Tom and Deb (Ohio) 7/2012

naptrip
naptrip
“Great Place!!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012
person found this review helpful

I stayed the Kingfish Inn by myself while my husband and son were hiking in the wilderness. I love to check out country inns and B&Bs. This place is one of the best places I ever stayed. I would definitely come back with my husband next time.
The room was beautiful, spacious, clean and quiet. It was tastefully and ronatically decorated. It got a great view to the water and dock. The bed was very comfortable and I slept through the night like on my own bed.
The owners were very nice, friendly and attentive. They chat with me while I was having a dinner at the restaurant downstairs and made me feel very welcomed. It seemed other guests I met there were very happy too.
The West End Café was exceptional too. The chef does know how to bring up the flavor of each material. Every dish I had was delicious. The serving staffs were very cheerful and friendly too. It seemed people knew that too, as he place was full that evening.
I had a wonderful time and will definitely come back.

Travelling group: Solo
Boris W
Seattle
“Just too Noisy”
Reviewed 30 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012
person found this review helpful

I stayed in the lower room, Spruce. The room was very clean (except the bath exhaust fan cover was very dirty). The bed was comfortable. The breakfasts were good. I did not like having to get there at a certain time though, 8:30. The view was marginal. The power line did not help the view. The deck was nice, but there was no privacy. We heard people on the deck at the restaurant, and I am sure they heard us. The people staying in the rental house right in front of us spent some time in the backyard which is right next to our deck. These guests were also very loud late at night and early in the morning - yelling, leaving their diesel truck idling, etc. Their noise and the traffic noise did not make this a very nice place for me to stay. Because of the rental in front this place was not very private. The bathroom door does not latch and the toilet seat was loose, but other than that, the place was well maintained.

PaulaP51
Maple Valley, Washington
“so close to fantastic”
Reviewed 26 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful

My husband and I just returned from a weekend at this beautiful spot for our anniversary. It would have been a fantastic place, and one could rate it that way based on the food alone at the West Sound Cafe, located in the first floor of the inn. We had room number 3 and our cute little fireplace didn't work. The cafe staff immediately summoned the owner who tried to fix it and failed. He was nice enough in his apologies, but we thought a complimentary bottle of wine would have been nice, it was our anniversary after all (and a rainy, cooler night). But no comp of any kind was offered. Then, we called about renting a movie and the customer service person said she'd get right back to us, and didn't. Then, the bed was so sprung and sunken in the middle we had to pull the foam topper onto the floor and sleep there our second night. The food was so fantastic though that it almost made up for it. To summarize, I might stay there again just for the food, and bring my own air mattress.

Management Response
20 Apr 2018
All our beds have been replaced with All Foam (gel top) Beds since your visit. Please come again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing