My wife and I have extensively travelled the world and stayed in some glorious and not so glorious places. However, I can now truly say that this was a holiday of a lifetime (although we now hope to repeat the experience next year)! There are too many superlatives that I could use to describe Kuredu Island Resort - but I will use just one - Magnificent!
We choose the Gold Inclusive package and were not disappointed in selecting and paying for this. We stayed 9 nights and received 2 x 1 hour spa treatments in addition to the free 15 minute welcome neck massage (my wife used my 1hour allocation and this wasn't a problem to arrange). 2 x evening meals (i.e. on 2 occasions for 2 people) in Franco's Italian Restaurant - great food. 2 x introductory scuba dive lessons (i.e. 1 per person). 4 x games of golf on the 6 hole pitch and putt gold course. The plan also included a mini-bar in our room which was replenished once a day. The mini-bar was well stocked and included 4 x bottles of beer (Tiger & Heineken), 2 small bottles of wine (red & white), 1 x small bottle of sparkling wine, plenty spirt minatures and associated mixers, Soft drinks and Red Bull energy drink.
Our Gold Inclusive Plan enabled us to use any bar or restaurant on the Island - so we didn't necessarily have to use the Sangua Restaurant & Bar all week. All house cocktails are included in the package as well. Every night we received a large bottle of stilled water in our room - which saw us through the night and the next day as water is available from the bars.
The staff were amazing, very friendly and helpful without being intrusive, We were allocated a waiter for our whole stay (Ali) and he looked after us extremely well. On our last night he arranged and decorated a table for us on the beach - a very nice touch. You are not restricted to sitting at the same table - it is very much choose your own.
The beaches were straight out of a holiday brochure, lovely soft white sand and surprisingly you could walk on the beach at any time of the day without burning your feet. The ocean was crystal clear and the colours of the sea was something to behold.
I read many of the Trip Advisor reports on Kuredu Island Resort before actually selecting the island - especially about the food. I can truly say that food was plentiful, varied and extremely delicious as my waist line can now testify to! My wife and I love all types of food and we were not disappointed. If you have food intolerances then check with the Island Resort before booking - but I am sure you can be accommodated in your food selection.
The Island is really a couples resort although there were a few children around during our stay - but there isn't a lot for them to do - i.e. no kids club or any organised events (ideal for us)!
There is plenty to do on the island, a very well equiped dive centre with extremely helpful staff. Island hopping trips can be arranged along with dolphin and sunset boat trips.
Unfortunately, we didn't get to sample any of this trips as we seemed to loose track of time and were content in just chilling out.
Forget your shoes - you won't need them - as the Island Resort motto is no news, no shoes! For men just take shorts and T-Shirts, for the Ladies - the same, although a lot ladies did like to wear some form of informal dress in the evening's.
Is there anything we would like to see changed on the Island - in one word - No! Perfect for us (we are in out late 50's) - there was a good age range of people on the Island from newly weds to those of us in our prime!
Our 9 nights/10 days went oh so quick - but we are definately going to return to Kuredu in the not too distant future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Kuredu, in Lhaviyani Atoll. It is 1800 meters long by 325 meters wide, about 57 Hectares (143 acres). Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 40 minute flight. The 383 Rooms include 10 Sultan Pool Villas including 1 Villa Family Suite, 50 Sangu Water Villas including 1 Honeymoon Suite, 100 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 93 Beach Villas, 90 Beach Bungalows & 40 Garden Bungalows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Agoda, Holiday Gems, Destinology, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TravelUp and Hotels.com so you can book your Kuredu Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuredu Island Hotel Kuredu
- Kuredu Island Resort And Spa
- Hotel Kuredu Island
- Kuredu Island Maldives
- Kuredu Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa Maldives