“Scrumylicious”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Blackboys
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Blackboys Inn is a 14th Century public house and restaurant located in the pretty hamlet of Blackboys, situated on the outskirts of Uckfield, East Sussex. The Blackboys Team have been introducing exciting new menus and offering superb hospitality as well as offering traditional home cooked Sunday Roasts. To accompany your meal, there is a superb selection of Fine Harveys Ale and also an excellent wine selection. Whether you want a family Sunday Roast or an informal gathering with friends or even a celebration with an extra special twist, you can be assured of fresh, seasonal food at its best. The Blackboys Team are very sociable and enjoy nothing more than hosting regular entertainment, live music, quiz nights and wine tasting evenings.
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My wife and I eat out regularly and having been a chef myself, we can be very critical. We had three courses each all different and I have to say there was not a single element of any dish that we could fault. The ingredients were all fresh, seasonal and cooked to perfection.
The beers pristine, the wines excellent and the service impecable.
We never felt rushed but were not left waiting either, the timing of service by the friendly and knowledgable staff was spot on.
Having 3 top quality courses under £30 per head including drinks we both agreed it was excellent value especially with so many eateries theses days charging Michelin star prices for only average 'pub grub'.
If you like a nice English country pub, appreciate excellent food, and enjoy a well kept pint of real ale look no further. The Blackboys Inn has it all in spades

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Large birthday group and had a great evening. Very attentive and responsive service. Food was great. Wine was great. Ambience was great. We had a wonderful night and difficult to imagine what could have been better. Thanks

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I visited Blackboys Inn on Easter Sunday for my birthday lunch. We were a group of eight- six adults and two children. We received a very warm welcome and had a quick pre-lunch drink in the beautiful 14th Century bar before being shown to our table. I struggled to choose a dish from the menu as they all sounded really interesting. I finally decided on the sea bass with artichoke and broad bean risotto served with a delicate curry sauce. It was absolutely delicious, perfectly cooked and the hint of curry was a surprising twist. My husband ordered the steak but had enquired about the hog roast. The waiter very kindly brought to the table a large tasting plate for us to try. The crackling was exceptional. The staff always appeared at the right moment. they offered non-alcoholic cocktails for the children, which they loved. Throughout, the staff were well-informed and able to answer questions about the food and had extensive knowledge of the wines. I didn't think I had room for a pudding but I couldn't resist and managed to have a taste of everyone else's. When the bill came I thought they must have made a mistake. Usually when I eat out in London at a similar venue I would expect to pay twice the amount. Exceptional value - great food - generous portions and excellent service. Despite the long journey from London I look forward to visiting again and have recommended it to a number of friends.

1  Thank J P
Reviewed 11 April 2014

On a walking trip with my brother and son we were all extremely bedraggled when we arrived at Blackboys after walking for hours in the rain. We were met with a very warm welcome, delicious food, beautiful open fire and lovely surroundings. I'll be back...

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I recently went to a large birthday party and found the whole experience brilliant. Really helpful managers, who provided some superb wine (not to mention the Harveys, which is very well-kept and excellent) and great chef, who made a lovely cake, exactly to my specifications. The serving staff were terrific and really made sure everyone was happy. I`d certainly recommend this pub for a meal - or just a drink - huge amounts of parking, but watch out for the ducks!

2  Thank prof_ch