“Fantastic Meals”

Price range: US$19 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The exquisite flavours you will encounter at Zayka (meaning taste) are unlike anything you will have experienced before. Our authentic, Punjabi-style cuisine is meticulously prepared by one of the most talented Indian chefs in the UK and our unique combinations of food are certain to enchant even the most sophisticated palates. If you appreciate first class service, you can look forward to being pampered from the minute you walk through the door. You'll also find the ambience of the restaurant just as delightful as the food - the modern decor and contemporary furnishings help to make every visit a truly memorable occasion.
Whaley Bridge, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Meals”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I have now been 3 times to Zayka, the food is very very good, infact it is the best Indian food i have ever tasted.

The House white wine my wife asures me is beautiful, the chef takes pride in his presentation and the scollaps are fantatstic
Chef comes out in person to make sure you are happy with your food

We are local but i have eaten all over the UK and this is the best by far,
we are so lucky to have this in our town.
we will be going every week for sure.

Rob & Dawn

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank R0b67

Chapel-en-le-Frith, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Heard and seen mixed reviews about Zayka with some people saying the service wasn't fantastic. Still I went with high hopes for the food and the service and I was more than impressed. Me and my partner thought the service was good as we were not left waiting and everyone was very cheerful. The starters and mains we had were the best Indian dishes we had ever tasted and the presentation was beautiful. We will hopefully be coming back and will definitely recommend Zayka to family and friends.

3 Thank James D
Manchester
“Fine cuisine finally arrives in the High Peak”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

As one time Londonites now living in the Derbyshire countryside, both my wife and I have been waiting for this restaurant to open, having eaten at contemporary Indian restaurants and found the experience one that most provincial restaurants strain to attain without success.

Zayka fits the bill perfectly.

On arrival we were greeted by a member of staff who remembered the reservation by name. Which was a nice start. The décor of the restaurant is not gaudy, but very chic. Pale green lines and dark wood and beautifully presented tables.

Despite it being a busy evening we were never without service and that service was very keen to please, asking us on more than one occasion if we were enjoying our meal. We were. The quality of the food is exceptional, everything having a very bespoke feel. If you are looking for a Chicken Tikka Massala then go elsewhere, but if you want to be able to taste amazing kebabs with subtlety within the spice, Paneer cooked to perfection and the most tender chicken served with a bowl of delicate Lemon Rice and a side serving of buttery black lentil dhal this is the place for you.

If I do have to add a gripe, albeit a small one, it would be that there was no alcohol free beer. I know Cobra also comes alcohol free and I really hoped that I could complete the experience with one of those as I was driving.

To conclude, if you want to impress a loved one, a potential business partner or just have a quiet evening with outstanding food in pleasant surroundings, Zayka is the place for you.

4 Thank genode001
Whaley Bridge
“Delicious and authentic”
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

I had heard that the service was a bit slow, but this was obviously a teething problem that has since been addressed. The decor was lovely - smart and classy - and the service was great. Very attentive, and Mannish came out towards the end of service to introduce himself, which was great. The food was just delicious. I had a paneer starter and goan fish curry for main. I will definitely be having those again! We're already planning our next visit and would recommend Zayka to others.

3 Thank Ienjoyfood72
Manchester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really enjoyable night out”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Visited Zayka with two friends this weekend, the restaurant was presented well inside along with nice touches which made the place really appealing. The food was faultless and me and both of my friends really enjoyed it. Albeit some timing issues on the time it took for everything to get settled it didn't detract from the night. We had waiting staff which were pleasant and tried their best to get everything to us as quickly as possible as we could see the restaurant was busy and accounted for that. The service was good considering the staff were obviously new and seemed to still be getting their bearings. Room for improvement I would say is paying careful attention to training staff so they are confident and don't lack any knowledge that is needed to carry out a successful night as I know some people weren't happy. Though on the whole, I was really happy with the night I had at Zayka, but some teething problems need to be sorted. I would go again in the future and hope there is good progression for Manish and his staff.

1 Thank Laura M