“If you are passionate about good quality food - you will love zayka!”
Review of Zayka - CLOSED

Zayka
Price range: US$19 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The exquisite flavours you will encounter at Zayka (meaning taste) are unlike anything you will have experienced before. Our authentic, Punjabi-style cuisine is meticulously prepared by one of the most talented Indian chefs in the UK and our unique combinations of food are certain to enchant even the most sophisticated palates. If you appreciate first class service, you can look forward to being pampered from the minute you walk through the door. You'll also find the ambience of the restaurant just as delightful as the food - the modern decor and contemporary furnishings help to make every visit a truly memorable occasion.
“If you are passionate about good quality food - you will love zayka!”
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Finally fine dining has arrived! I find hard to identify local restaurants which are passionate about food. The food at zayka was absolutely delicious, with real authentic flavours and presented extremely well. This is not like your typical Indian restaurant... Zayka are definitely passionate about food. Very healthy with all fat trimmed off and a interesting variety on the menu. Highly recommend for people who simply love fine dining.

• Visited July 2013

Whaley Bridge, United Kingdom
“Second helpings”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

This was a second visit to Zayka. First visit wasn't great. It could be seen that this establishment has high aspirations but we were let down by a poorly cooked fish.

This time we stayed clear of the fish and had an excellent meal.

My partner had a cheese starter and I had chicken. They were both sensational. The chicken was succulent and well spiced. The cheese was delicate and subtle, yet warming. And both dishes looked fantastic. Brilliant!

We both had lamb based mains. My partner's was light, with sauce that had a hint of saffron. Mine, a Rogan Josh. The lamb was fabulous. Really melt in the mouth. The sauces were spot on. Mine had a real kick and the other was, again, subtle and very tastey.

This is a first class restaurant. We need to revisit the fish next time to really see if it is up there with the very best.

bollington
“Contemporary ???”
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Went here last Wednesday for an early dinner as we got a flyer through our door advertising kids it free on Wednesday nights. Ordered 2 soecial starters soft shell crab and tuns steak and 2 thali meals and also a kids meal for my kids to share . They bought us 4 poppadums to share with dips , the poppadums were fine but the dips the standard type you find in big standard Indians everywhere. One dip was I think a kind of mustard and mint possibly not to my taste as it tasted off and stale so we just decised to avoid it. When our starters arrived we where disappointed to see the chef using the same green dip as a sauce in his contemporary style starters little drips off it all over both the soft shell crab and the tuna. The soft shell crab seemed to be fried in oil that must not of been hot enough as it was very soggy and totally tasted of grease. The tuna steak was coverd in so much lemon juice you couldn't actually taste the fish both starters in my opinion were dreadful. The thali meals were perfectly ok but just tiny in portion size the naan no bigger than the size of cricket ball. I haven't tried everything on the menu so comment I just hope he doesn't use the green sauce on everything else and call it contemporary . Sorry for bad review but it was truly disappointing

1 Thank lee j
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth a trip from Alderley Edge”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Fantastic food, relaxing atmosphere, smart decor. The prawn starter is one of the best Indian dishes we've ever had. The chef came out from the kitchen to check everything was all well with his diners - a lovely touch. going again for a family birthday. Excellent!

1 Thank BeckyBoo471
Buxton, United Kingdom
“It was just great”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We did not book and took a chance and were lucky to get a table on a Sunday evening. The staff were helpful and attentive. The restaurant was warm and quite stylish(no flock wallpaper here).
The menu was very different from your usual curry house and there were specials as well.
My wife and I shared a shush starter that was fantastic in taste, mouth feel and presentation.
My main was pork vindaloo and I would highly recommend this to any future diner. It was not the mouth burning concoctions from your old curry house, but something richer with more subtle spicing.
If you are in the Norh of England, visit this restaurant, your journey will be worth it

1 Thank Phileyland L