“Beautiful, intimate pizza place!!”

El Porton Rojo Pizzeria & Galeria
Ranked #69 of 1,136 Restaurants in San Jose Metro
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Beautiful, intimate pizza place!!”
Reviewed 14 January 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful tiny place to go to have a great pizza, listen good music and enjoy a cool atmosphere. The service is slow but polite, and my juice was not tasty, is better if you order your meal with wine or a soft drink... But the pizza was nothing but great!

Costa Rica
“Worst customer service ever!!”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I ordered just a regular pizza and after an hour and a half I got nothing more than the worst customer service from the waiter and the administrator. Not recommended at all

3 Thank RMHdz5
San José, San Jose, Costa Rica
“One of the best pizzas I've had”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

This is a small, yet cool and nice place to have one of the best pizzas you can try in San Jose. Never disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We had a reservation for dinner at this restaurant. We got there on time and found the place completely empty. Nobody came to us so we practically had to walk into the kitchen to get "noticed." We wished to sit upstairs but were told that it was exclusively for large groups (Note: the place was Completely Empty, we were literally the only ones there). So we had to sit downstairs, 3 feet away from the deafening roar of San Pedro traffic in a room so dimly lit that it was nearly impossible to read the few options on the menu (pretty steep prices as well), the waiters, once again, were nowhere to be seen, offering no help whatsoever. Luckily we decided it just wasn't worth it and walked to Donde Carlos (on the corner across the street), which turned out to be a fantastic argentinian restaurant with excellent service. We sat on the balcony on the second floor and enjoyed delicious steaks and a bottle of wine. When we left, we walked by the Porton Rojo, it was still empty...

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Javier K
San Jose, Costa Rica
“This place saved my night!”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

This place offers a good balance between good food, great service and a nice atmosphere.

After trying to eat at two other places that were packed and therefore not very welcoming on a Friday evening, this place saved our night and made us feel genuinely welcome.

Great variety of pizza and wine, which most places in San Jose are lacking, including one of my favorites.

Excellent and fast service despite the fact that they too were full.

Overall, I am glad I finally went here and I will most definitely come back. I highly recommend this place!!

P.