Savoro Restaurant with Rooms
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewshigh streetcar parkunderfloor heatingadjoining roomsbreakfast rooma great place to staytea and coffee facilitiesroom was spotlessfull english breakfaststayed here for one nightfinchleykettle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We spent one night at the Savoro as visiting relatives in the area. We had a good night sleep at the rear of the hotel, nice big bedroom, bottled water for each of us and lovely toiletries. Breakfast was good. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Me and my fiancé were very pleased with this hotel ,very pleasant staff and the food in the restaurant was excellent ,rooms were clean we would deffo stay again .loved the under floor heating in bathroom and I also liked the idea of them having bottled water in the room

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I have never been in a restaurant with such poor accoustics, my wife and I couldn't hear each other at a table for two, sitting opposite each other
Food was ok, nothing special, and when my wife asked if ahe could have an alcohol free coctail (due to being on a course of anti biotics) she was told "oh no,we like our alcohol here,"!!! So she had to make do with a diet coke. Also, they do not cater for gluten free diets, it's bread with wheat, and nothing else!
Couldn't quite figure out the waiter policy, ours seemed to rotate every 15 minutes, and we'd end up with someone else serving our table.
In summary, we have only just moved into the area, heard so much about this restaurant, so my wife decided to book a table for as as a surprise to me....all I can say is the surprise was just how average this place is, and we wouldn't put ourselves through all that noise again, espaecially when it was topped off by loudspeakers balring "Happy Birthday" to someone. All a bit tacky really for a place that really is a bit pretentious for what it is. Not a good experience, but a big 'thank you' to my lovely wife for the thought!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2013

So, I stayed here with my Girlfriend (whose rather fussy with her hotels & B&Bs) over Dec, into Jan to catch the Fireworks in Central London. Firstly, theres a few rumours mentioned by other reviews which live up to its name - its definetley one of North Londons 'best kept secrets' as you cannot fault the price. Also, the restaraunt is excellent, both award winning for its fish, and generally is excellent for everything including breakfasts and ground coffee. As with many BB's however, the addition of accomodation has been added as an afterthought, and bar the delux superior suite (with four poster bed) we stayed in, which was roomly and overall nice (more on that in a moment) I understand the other rooms are quite small.

Our room however, was excellent, and its fustrating when they do so many things right, like installing a fridge, top quality bathroom accessories, a safe, decent hangars, tissues, a decent kettle, and overall laid out nice) is marred slightly by some damp issues above the wardrobe and the floors scuffed because the doors havent had rubber grommets fitted, which whilst only cosmestic, takes away from the experience. The bed (whilst not my preference as its too soft) is comfy so its fine for most people, you get some nice blankets, it was very clean, the bathroom extraordinarily immaculate, I mean, seriously I've never seen grouting so white!!!!

I dont understand why they dont spend some cash and upgrade the TVs though, most people expect at least a 32" and its not like there's not any room. The cheap freeview is also quite poor, an upgrade to Sky Digital, or at least offering Netflix or something wouldnt go amiss either.

The hotel, the staff, overall it was very very good. Its the details I find fustrating but I really cant fault it. I wish I could somehow talk to the owner and plead with him if he did so many small things, the place would be epic.

Oh, let's talk about the noise. When I stayed, there was scaffolding and a badly pinned tarpaulin, so with high wind the noise was staggering, and without this issue, I felt noise isolation to be quite poor anyway, as the rooms are all so close, but again this is structural so am not sure what can be done here without modifying the wall structure.

The restaraunt wasnt too noisy late at night, (but remember the restaraunt is their main income source so it gets preference) and its location is superb, ten minutes from High Barnett Tube Station and High Barnett itself is epic. Get a taxi to the Cock & Dragon nearby, and treat yourelf to some Thai.

We're going back, and staying in the best room, I just hope they address the few but small problems.

Room Tip: There's only a few rooms, pay extra and get the four poster,
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2012

This was our second stay here , and we regretted not having the best 4 - poster room again.
Our room needed updating ( bedside clock broken , only one channel available on TV etc. )
We were woken late at night by guests in the room above tripping the light fantastic on their wooden floors , then again at 6.00 am Sunday morning - the same.
Service was excellent , friendly and professional and the breakfasts lovely .
Looks like they are undergoing some extensions , so hopefully rooms will be upgaded a little

Room Tip: make sure you book the biggest room , others are adequate but small.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family