Savoro Restaurant with Rooms
West Lodge Park Hotel(Barnet)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$86
Travelodge London Whetstone(London)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$84
PremierInn.com
US$52
US$47
Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood(Borehamwood)(Great Value!)
US$52
ibis
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewshigh streetcar parkunderfloor heatingadjoining roomsbreakfast rooma great place to staytea and coffee facilitiesroom was spotlessfull english breakfaststayed here for one nightfinchleykettle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Excellent service and an excellent meal. I've always enjoyed the meals at Savoro. Always packed out and always need to book. Incredibly well presented meals with choices for vegetarians as well as other allergies.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed here as I was working nearby. It is not one of those business stopovers - in fact I'm not quite sure what the market might be - but it seems to be busy.

You enter a restaurant and are met by a person who seems to be multi tasking - taking meal and drink orders - serving tables, taking you room booking details, helping you with your luggage - showing you your room and explaining how to operate the rather complicated TV. All very efficient.

Nicely set out rooms, smart modern furniture and comfortable bed. wifi and coffee on tap.

It was little noisy from the restaurant below and the industrial fans outside the window - which was ok if you closed the window - but on a warm night I liked the fresh air - so put up with some noise.

I would stay here again - but I would be looking for a slightly better deal - it was just nudging at 'over priced' for what you got.

Great breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Overall, a good choice.
Our room was clean with a nice big bathroom. Got a great night's sleep. The breakfast was really good and the staff very pleasant. Our room was on the ground floor and seemed to back onto a corridor or room used by the restaurant staff and it was quite noisy from about 7.30am, which would be OK if we were there for a business trip (as we would have been up anyway), but we were there for a leisure break.
The room was quite dark, and it wasn't possible to open the blinds so not really somewhere we would have wanted to spend the day if for some reason we needed or wanted to. I would definitely go back and use it again.

Room Tip: If you're not planning on getting up early, avoid the ground floor room at the back backing onto staff room/kitchen.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank oy-bell
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My wife and I stayed 1 night B&B at Savoro - our choice influenced by the generally positive comments on Tripadvisor. Our experience was good overall - with some reservations.

Positives: Excellent breakfast (unlike an earlier reviewer, we were offered extra coffee and toast); very clean bathroom and bedroom with comfortable bed. The restaurant was very busy when we checked in at about 9.00pm, so clearly a popular venue for eating.

Negatives: Not very good sound insulation in the new extension where we were located (Room 24), so quite noisy - a lot of door closing, tramping up and down stairs and noisy chatting late at night, I suspect caused by customers and/or staff leaving the restaurant. This could be improved by laying carpet on the stairs to the bedrooms and corridors, instead of just the noisy laminate flooring, and also asking staff and customers to be more considerate for residents by keeping the noise down when they leave.

Unfortunately, at check-out we were not asked if our stay was satisfactory - if we had been asked I would have mentioned the above points.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My friends and I meet here for lunch about once every month. The service is usually impeccable, particullarly when the owner is there, and the set menu is value for money. The quality of food is always very good. I have never visited during the evening, but a nice crowd of people frequent it during the day.
A couple of people I know have stayed there overnight, mixed reviews, but nothing terrible.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends