“Solid”

Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery we’re a friendly bunch and pride ourselves on giving the warmest of welcomes. So when you pop over to our place, whether it’s to catch up with friends over a refreshing drink or because you just can’t be bothered to cook, we hope you’ll find it like a home from home – without the washing up! We’ve something for all the family - from freshly carved, slow cooked roasts, stonebaked pizzas made from 100% fresh dough, tasty pub classics like hand battered fish, plus a range of burgers and vegetarian dishes.
New England, Old England
“Solid”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Been going here for yonks, very little changes. The pub area is exactly as you would expect your local to be, and the carvery portion delivers. They have Kopparberg in bottles - delightful - and a good assortment of other ciders, wines and spirits. The Carvery itself is usually very good. It's worth going for the King Size plate for the extra helping of meat, as the slices are usually so incredibly thin. The roasties are delicious, the veg has always been delightful, the currant sauce and gravies are good and the yorkshire puds are a triumph. (The last time they were a bit...er... rock like , but I could have gone back and got more any time; the beauty of the carvery, hey?) Dessert was pleasant - ice cream - very sweet , and the service is always so cheerful and homely. A fun, comfortable night out every time.

• Visited March 2014

London
“Consistently good value”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Always enjoy coming here with a friend. For the prices Toby charge and the (online) offers that are usually available nobody can complain about value for money. A huge carvery, a decent pudding and unlimited soft drinks for just over £10 this evening. Excellent. I have always found the food well cooked, well presented and the staff pleasant. There is usually a queue waiting so always a good sign. Well done, Toby.

• Visited February 2014
Crowborough, United Kingdom
“A most enjoyable evening.”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

As we visited on a mid-week evening, it was not too busy and we hardly had to queue for the carvery. Every element was up to standard, no complaints and nothing left on anyone's plate said it all. We were lucky to have Mandi, a very efficient and jolly waitress. I guess it may always depend on who is on duty at the time (especially the chefs!), wherever you go, but we would certainly return to this Toby.

• Visited November 2013
“Decent”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Always decent food and reasonably priced variety of veg could perhaps be improved a bit but like most tobys does what it says on the tin

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jonathan G
London, United Kingdom
“Cold dry vegetables, unfriendly service, and no Turkey wings”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I have been to may Toby Carvery as I love this kind of food, and I will recommend several in other reviews in Northwest and East London. This one however was terrible and I would never go back. First, I should say that I always eat turkey, and always ask for the wings as this is the only meat that I don't find too dry. In every other Toby Carvery I have been to, they are served to me with a big happy smile as otherwise, if no one asks for them, they are wasted. Here however, the carver explicitly refused to serve them to me claiming "it was against health and safety regulations, and for my own safety". I don't know which health and safety rules he was talking about, neither did he. As I was with company, I had no choice but to accept the dry breast meat. This disappointment was compounded by cold potato, soggy parsnip, and cold vegetables. This Toby Carvery is seriously letting what is otherwise a very good chain of restaurants down.

• Visited July 2013