“Appalling”

Price range: US$8 - US$14
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery we’re a friendly bunch and pride ourselves on giving the warmest of welcomes. So when you pop over to our place, whether it’s to catch up with friends over a refreshing drink or because you just can’t be bothered to cook, we hope you’ll find it like a home from home – without the washing up! We’ve something for all the family - from freshly carved, slow cooked roasts, stonebaked pizzas made from 100% fresh dough, tasty pub classics like hand battered fish, plus a range of burgers and vegetarian dishes.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Ate here on Sunday. I come here a lot actually the foot was usually ok but this time we got cold meat, hard potato's, out of Apple Source, I had to put up with Pepsi that clearly needed gassing and despite asking for no Ice I still got it. Staff didn't pay attention and were about as attentive as a 5 year old child needing to go to bed. I was VERY angry I complained but sadly NO money off my bill £23 or something quid on food that was left we didn't even eat the first lot let alone go up for seconds. On this occasions I have been let down and I am sorry but I think its time to take my business elsewhere. NO COMPENSATION? It wasn't just me complaining.

Toby Carvery R, Guest Relations Manager at The Red Lion Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review on Trip Advisor. We're really sorry to hear you did not enjoy your visit to us on this occasion. We have responded to you personally in order to obtain a few more details.

There are newer reviews for The Red Lion Toby Carvery

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

There has been a management change at this branch and it really shows in the quality of the food and service.
Last night 7th July the turkey and all the vegetables were stone cold.
We asked to speak to the duty. He had only been appointed this week and the job obviously was bigger than he could handle.
He waltzed over to our table and stuck his index finger into the mashed potatoes and declared that the food was warm enough as it was 36c. He further added that we still had to pay for the food even if we didn't eat. He further added that if we did not pay we would be excluded from the restaurant. We tend to eat here at least twice a week.
He obviously did not know the first rule of dealing with the customer. The customer is always right! Rule 2 is: when the customer is wrong rule 1 applies.
Therefore, if you want to be insulted with poor food, this is where to go.

Toby Carvery R, Guest Relations Manager at The Red Lion Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

We were sorry to see from your review that you were disappointed in the service on your recent visit to us. Your feedback is always welcomed as our aim is to get it right, and we will learn from your comments. We have replied to you personally on this matter.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Myself and 4 colleagues visited the Red Lion yesterday evening, a regular meeting place to enjoy a meal and catch up. Having visited the restaurant on many occasions, I feel justified to voice my complaint as the food was not very hot, there was a very poor selection of fresh vegetables and there was also no apple sauce, no crackling and no horseradish sauce.
The 'service' left a lot to be desired, we had to request the Dessert menu twice only to be told alot of the selections were not available - we opted to leave choosing a dessert and ordered tea and coffees. These duly arrived, the tea was like water and there was a saucer short - the waitress said she would get another saucer however she never returned - only to deliver the bill.
The restaurant was not busy-it was approximately 6.30pm when we entered the eating area and we all agreed that it was the worst evening we had experienced for a long time and perhaps we should consider a change of venue!

2  Thank Una H

We were disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your recent visit to us. We have replied to you personally as all the feedback we receive helps us to improve our service and we assure you we will pay attention to your comments.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

A quick and good service. The quantity of the food is good for a good price. The menus are not too elaborated but not bad.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Last minute lunch with a friend! We decided to give it a try! The place looks not bad and it has a lovely and cosy beer garden. We went for some carvery as we were starving. The waitress couldn't look less uninterested and lifeless. We were then hurled to the buffet to get some food, we had to wait for the chef to come out and serve us, although he couldn't be bothered less. That was the worst roast, veg and gravy I had in a very long time. Mediocre quality and served nearly cold. It was a shame, as the buffet could have been much better looked after, maybe occasionally refresh the food, veg and accompaniments and keep them hot. Yes, the food here is very affordable due to the location, but for me doesn't justify for the poor quality and bad service.

2  Thank PEGGYCOVE