“Dont bother much better places locally foods terrible”
Review of The Blue Olive

The Blue Olive
Ranked #35 of 123 Restaurants in Barnet
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dont bother much better places locally foods terrible”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Expensive and bad quality meat in 1 lamb kebab 5 pieces of uneadible meat.
It used to be good but the standard has dropped dramaticly

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank simonc02

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Love it !”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Blue Olive never fails to deliver on flavour, authenticity, atmosphere, I could go on. We always enjoy
our visits. We are are always given quite personal attention even even the place is heaving. I know we all have different tastes but it's hard to see where some of the criticism of some previous reviews comes from. If you want fast clinical service and food you need to go to MacDonalds. We love it and will be back.

• Visited November 2013
“Best meat in town! ”
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant twice in the last month and I have loved both visits :-) the food, in particular, the lamb, is perfection. The Lamb Kleftiko meat just falls off the bone and the kebabs lovely!

The staff I found to be a little slow clearing the table after you have eaten on a busy night, but only because it was busy! Other then that, I find the staff kind and pleasant.

I don't know how some of these people can give a bad review, in my opinion, their standards are impossibly high, as I honestly love this restaurant and would recommend it again and again.

This is my first restaurant review and if you are looking for good food, this is it! I don't go to restaurants to look at the decor, judge the space between each table or measure the decibel rating, I go to eat!

Barnet, United Kingdom
“Needs A Facelift”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

It is a very dull interior design which has seen better days.

If they do do it up, perhaps they could sort out the acoustics. Very noisy place even when half full. Difficult to hear what people are saying.

Service can best be described as random.

Food has an authentic touch and is cooked well, but the quality of the meat is far from memorable.

A very dull wine list.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank cynthia c
London, United Kingdom
“Tables too close together”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This restuarant should be of a higher standard than it is. There are now another four Mediterranean restaurants in the immediate area, I have to say the Blue Olive now ranks fourth out of five.
The food should be of a consistently higher standard than it is, the tables are very close together which can feel very uncomfortable particularly if the restuarant is full. This is NOT the place to go for a romantic meal!

• Visited September 2013