“Avoid if u have taste buds”
Review of The Blue Olive

The Blue Olive
Ranked #30 of 123 Restaurants in Barnet
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
london
“Avoid if u have taste buds”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

16. 5 star ratings! Impossible. Bland. Raw. Bad cuts of meat. Grissely mess of a shish. Seriously there is no taste to any dishes. Avoid a bad night and choose from some of the other great restaurant s in cockfosters, this one wont be around for much longer and theres a reason.

• Visited March 2014
5 Thank danielle200

London
“Never again.”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We had a meze here and really wish I hadn't. I really don't like writing bad reviews on places, but the Blue Olive is in serious need of a revamp. The starters were good, but the main part of the meze was a total let-down. The koupepia (stuffed vine leaves) are probably some of the worst I've tasted - no seasoning and no taste to them. The meatballs were the same - tasteless and just a bland bunch of minced meat in my mouth. They randomly included some fish dishes, including white bait which is supposed to be lightly fried in flour - what came was white bait in fish and chip batter and was totally revolting. I was instantly put off the rest of it. But I persevered... Then came the meats. Lamb ribs.. A whole chunk of bone and meat so tough I nearly shook the table off its hinges trying to cut the bloody thing. I have no shame so I picked it up with my fingers and tried to gnaw my way through like some ravaged animal. To no avail, and I've got strong teeth. I put that down in defeat and tried the chicken kebab - to be fiat, it was good. Then I went for the famous Cyprus souvlaki - I put one piece in my mouth and immediately spat it out... It was totally undercooked. I did tell the waitress and she offered to bring another one, but I really wasn't interested.
Now, I don't mind paying a hefty bill provided that I enjoyed my food. Unfortunately, I left there totally dissatisfied and have vowed not to return. I'm sorry, but based on the other reviews of this place, I really hope the management take heed and do something about it.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank henderel
London, United Kingdom
“Typical Greek food.”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Full of typical Greek families, so you know it's good. Try it, but beware the head waiter who will want you to drink the traditional drinks!!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Paul S
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Visited the blue olive recently and I don't understand where all these negative comments come from. The food was lovely and the staff were very polite. This was my first visit to the restaurant and will certainly be going again

• Visited February 2014
London, Canada
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Excellent real greek food. Portion sizes are very generous and very filing . You won't leave hungry lets just say that. Staff are friendly and service was quick with a smile . Would strongly recommend going. And we will be back again.

• Visited February 2014