“Filthy & noisy”

Harris & Hoole Barnet
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

If you like the sound of staff shrilling and screeching out names of customers at the top of their voices every two minutes then this place might be for you.

It also seems dogs are allowed into the coffee shop - 3 different ones trotted in with customers in the time it took us to finish our drinks. I don't mind dogs, but thought it was a bit off when the male barista gave one golden retriever a really good stroke but failed to wash his hands when he went back behind the counter to prepare and serve food!!!!

1  Thank Sarah_Neil_Dexter

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We went for coffee today and chose to sit near the window at a small table with upholstered chairs. However, we soon realised that the table, upholsterd chairs and the floor were filthy and one of the seats also had a badly torn cover. In addition, the queue moved forward incredibly slowly and when we finally got our coffee it tasted odd. We frequently visit coffee shops and know our coffee, but this was just not right.

The shop looks attractive from the street and the interior is reasonably appealing in design but the standard of service is disappointing.

1  Thank LorisUK
Reviewed 29 December 2013

It is a bit of a mum magnet but H+H is really convinient place to meet & really easy if you have a little monster in tow. Drinks & snacks are good & prices fair. Staff can really vary from the great to the not so great, pot luck really

1  Thank jesswhite27
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I went to Harris and Hoole in High Barnet around midday today and at some stage needed some help, I was offered the best customer service ever by Susan Toelkemeler. I asked her where she got her good customer service training from she explained that it was her first day in this coffee shop. She could teach a thing or two to her colleagues and I would not be surprised if she was managing one of the branches soon. Well done Susan and good luck in your new job.

2  Thank jaccede
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Hate the fact this place is owned by Tesco but thought I would try it anyway. Staff absolutely delightful. Very nice atmosphere but apparently at certain times it is swarming with babies and pushchairs. So very child friendly (and there is a sort of play area at the back). Unfortunately the Expresso I had was quite undrinkable for some reason. I guess the guy made it wrong. Anyway I am prepared to try the place again with my friends.

1  Thank mattingley12