“Glad we found this place!”
Review of SOKO

SOKO
Ranked #36 of 129 Restaurants in Barnet
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

After being turned away from another restaurant we took a random drive to Barnet and came across Shoku! Not knowing what to expect we were pleasantly suprised! The food and service was both really good, however was dissapointed that they had sold out of lamb! We did however instead have the beef which was beautifully cooked and loved the flavour! Would definately go that bit further out of the way to come back to this restaurant! Also in reference to a previous comment i read for this restaurant...would come here over wagamama anyday!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My partner and I had a great time at Shoku. The service was attentive and friendly. The food was really special. My partner had the duck - which was the some of the best he'd ever had - and I had the prawn and squid rice. Very tasty and the prawns were huge. Our starters of prawn tempura and prawn crackers were also very fresh, very crisp and delicious. Good value for money too as the portions are huge. Order less than you think, or take the leftovers home like we did. Will definitely be back here and I highly recommend!!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Visited when it first opened and found the food to be very tasty! (Although they didnt have salmon available when I went)
The only thing that lets this restaurant down is that its never full- because of the dark glass it always looks closed! I dont enjoy eating in an empty restuarant as there's just no atmosphere but like I said i think this is due to a design fault with the dark (japanese style?) glass. Maybe they need a flier drop of the local area or a few sandwich boards out in Barnet to attract more custom.
Staff are friendly and I like the open grill lay out.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We visited this restaurant for the first time yesterday, to celebrate a birthday. Our first choice of restaurant was closed on Mondays so we looked on the internet and found Shoku - well what a lucky find! The staff were friendly and efficient, the service was excellent and the food was amazing! We all went for one of the set menus (highly recommended) and the quantity and quality of the food was great - plus the variety of dishes for the price paid (about £20 per head) was exceptional. The charcoal grilled prawns, fish, chicken and lamb cutlets were especially delicious. We are good eaters and could not manage to eat everything so we my son and his partner took some home in a box, which the waiter was happy to provide and fill for us. The atmosphere and soft music were very nice and we will definitely be going back there again. The only criticism was their inability to serve a cocktail that the 'birthday girl' wanted because they said they did not have the right glass for it and were waiting for a delivery - very odd as they served other drinks in glasses that could easily have been used for a cocktail so I suspect they had nobody there who knew how to make the drink. However, everything else was so good that I can't really mark them down for that one shortcoming. If anyone has given this place a poor review then they either reviewed the wrong restaurant or there has been a drastic improvement and they should try it again soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is not your typical Japanese restaurant and so long as you realise that before you go you won't be disappointed if you were expecting sushi :o)

Menu is not over large but that's just as well because we wanted most things on it !

All the food was good quality and the service came with a smile.

Prices were reasonable - especially with the Taste card. We'll be back if we're in the area.

1  Thank GoCliff