“unique combination of tastes”
Review of SOKO

SOKO
Ranked #33 of 121 Restaurants in Barnet
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hatfield, United Kingdom
“unique combination of tastes”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Accidentally stumbled upon this elegantly modern restaurant. It smelt very Asian, very aromatic, the warmth added to its cosy and personal atmosphere. The food gave my taste buds a new perspective to japanese food. The customer service very kind, quick, and to the minimum as required.

We had caramel green tea, and 4 starters. Tempura prawn, Asian garlic mushrooms, a tofu dish and chilli asparagus. All exquisite. This came to around £30. Absolutely worth it.

Apologies but the food is half eaten in the photos.

• Visited December 2013

London, United Kingdom
“A real find”
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Went In Here on a whim with a friend and was not disappointed. Delicious food and good service. I will be back, almost wish I could go here every day, the best local I have been to in a long time!

Visited November 2013
“Glad we found this place!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

After being turned away from another restaurant we took a random drive to Barnet and came across Shoku! Not knowing what to expect we were pleasantly suprised! The food and service was both really good, however was dissapointed that they had sold out of lamb! We did however instead have the beef which was beautifully cooked and loved the flavour! Would definately go that bit further out of the way to come back to this restaurant! Also in reference to a previous comment i read for this restaurant...would come here over wagamama anyday!

London, United Kingdom
“GREAT service, EVEN BETTER food”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My partner and I had a great time at Shoku. The service was attentive and friendly. The food was really special. My partner had the duck - which was the some of the best he'd ever had - and I had the prawn and squid rice. Very tasty and the prawns were huge. Our starters of prawn tempura and prawn crackers were also very fresh, very crisp and delicious. Good value for money too as the portions are huge. Order less than you think, or take the leftovers home like we did. Will definitely be back here and I highly recommend!!

• Visited October 2013
London
“tasty”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Visited when it first opened and found the food to be very tasty! (Although they didnt have salmon available when I went)
The only thing that lets this restaurant down is that its never full- because of the dark glass it always looks closed! I dont enjoy eating in an empty restuarant as there's just no atmosphere but like I said i think this is due to a design fault with the dark (japanese style?) glass. Maybe they need a flier drop of the local area or a few sandwich boards out in Barnet to attract more custom.
Staff are friendly and I like the open grill lay out.

• Visited June 2013