“Excellent place to stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Lough Mask
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lough Mask
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

JohnnyBeG...
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed 27 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We stayed here for a few days while attending a family christening in Tourmakeady. This is a lovely little cottage and a perfect place to stay for a nice relaxing break.

The cottage was clean, warm and has beautiful views overlooking the lough. Inside the cottage is everything that you need for a relaxing break.

This is an ideal place for fishermen to stay as John the owner is a keen fisherman himself and Lough Mask is renowned for trout fishing.

Local pubs.
Marie Luke's, probably about 2 miles away, great Guinness, friendly atmosphere, and I think you would be hard pressed to find a more picturesque view from a pub anywhere in the world.

Paddy's (Bar and Restaurant) in good weather it is literally just across a field, if the weather is wet then I would say approximately 1 mile following the road. As you go into Paddy's it's a step back in time, the smell of turf burning and two small separate seating areas. At the rear is another large bar and a separate dining area. This is where we attended the christening reception and the food was truly amazing and I do not say this lightly. The Guinness was exceptional, and we actually drank the pub dry of Guinness twice, (I am so proud of our family) Kevin the owner had to send for extra barrels.

O'Tooles approximately 1 &1/2 miles, I didn't get chance to have a drink here but always used to have a good pint.

This really is a lovely spot for a relaxing break and if you are viewing one of John and Judy's cottages don't hesitate, just book it, you will most certainly be well looked after.
We had to extend our stay due to storm Ophelia which grounded all flights out of Ireland. This was not a problem, John's Aunt Bridget who lives next door came around with candles, soda bread and Guinness jam and told us we were welcome to stay. What a relief this was for our family. Luckily the storm passed with no major damage to the area.

On our arrival back home I phoned Judy (who had been away on holiday during our stay) to arrange payment for the extra days that we stayed but she would not accept a payment and just brushed it aside saying that it was not our fault. I have never experienced this kind of service anywhere else in the world and I would just like to say a heartfelt thanks to both John and Judy for their kindness.

In summary, a lovely little cottage (much more spacious than the photographs portray), a beautiful part of the world to visit, did I mention the great Guinness, and a great family run business.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing