Victoria Inn
US$177
US$235
US$217
US$127
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
US$282
Hotels.com
US$133
US$120
Travelocity
All reviewspork dishpanna cottalog burnerdouble bedshort drivest ivespubcornwalldog
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We called in for lunch at the Victoria Inn quite an old pub in a small village setting with its accompanying parking problems. My wife chose whole place with garlic new potatoes followed by Ginger pudding and I chose Braised Duck Faggots followed by three cheeses from the cheese menu, Keen’s Cheddar, Sharpham Elmhirst and Exmoor Blue which are all local cheeses. The cooking here is very good and quite a good menu to choose from at a very reasonable price. We were there on a Tuesday lunch time which is also the pensions cheap lunch day which is very well attended so I would defiantly book if you are going on that day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Chose this pub to stay for a few days in Cornwall because of it's good food reputation, and we were not disappointed. Indeed, we discovered upon arrival that they have just won the Good Pub Guide pub of the year for Cornwall 2014 - well deserved! Perranuthnoe is a little village situated between Marazion and Porthleven. A very short walk takes you down to a beautiful sandy beach and the Victoria Inn is an excellent stopping off point for the South West coastal footpath, as it is only minutes away from the pub. It is also well positioned for sight seeing places like St Michael's Mount, Godolphin Court and the Minack Theatre. The pub has only two rooms and whilst our room was fairly basic, it was clean, comfortable and had a good shower. The staff were all very friendly and service was good. We dined in the pub every evening (why go anywhere else with food this good!), and the food is locally sourced and freshly prepared by Stuart Eddy and his team. We managed to work our way through most of the small menu (which changes slightly daily depending upon what is available), with dishes like tempura seafood, or salmon gravadlax to start, followed by roast belly pork and hogs pudding, or wild mushroom and summer vegetable risotto. All were absolutely delicious. Breakfasts consisted of either continental, full English, smoked kippers, or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, all served with lashings of lovely coffee and toast with home made marmalade, strawberry or raspberry jelly, all were sampled during our stay and were very tasty! The marmalade and jelly are also available to purchase. We had a wonderful time and would definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

We ate here on our last night of our holiday in Cornwall due to the reviews and were not disappointed. Being Vegetarian I was concerned there was only one option but once I asked the chef offered several options and versions of the menu in a vegetarian option. The food was absolutely gorgeous the flavours were unbelievable so delicious. We will definately go there again when in the area. I just wish we didn't live 4 hours away as I'd go there more often.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

We dined here for my daughter's boyfriend's 20th birthday. Food was amazing - although not cheap. My husband commented several times it was the best duck he'd ever eaten! Presentation was great too - not pub grub by any standard.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We booked yesterday for lunch today, and were not disappointed! Friendly staff, a nice buzz around the pub with families and couples enjoying time and food together. We shared a starter of Homemade duck pâté, with a lovely chutney and an apple garnish. This was with toast and was just right between the two of us. My husband had the Roast Beef, served pink, and I had the Roast Pork. We then swapped a slice of meat with each other, and both of us enjoyed it all. My request for extra gravy was speedily remedied, which in our experience is really good (at the Gurnards Head we asked several times and never got any so have NOT been back there).
Our meals were so good that we both had desserts. My husband had a rich chocolate pud and I had an exquisite Creme Brûlée served alongside fresh strawberries and Basil ice cream - YUM!
We will definitely be returning regularly. Pinotage was excellent too!
Only negative was that our table felt tacky and could have done with a good clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple