“Good food, lovely atmosphere.....”
Review of Victoria Inn

Victoria Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Perranuthnoe
Victoria Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Perranuthnoe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We visited here on a very busy holiday evening and was greeted by really friendly staff. Luckily we had booked, as this is recommended. The offers of treacle bread to kick off was the best home-made bread ever. Infact, they offered me afew slices extra as I was so impressed.The starter of ducks liver pate was deliciour, with the chunky bread. My hubby really enjoyed his pork meal too. But, Araah I hate to say it, I didn't enjoy mine! I opted for the cod fillet with all the trimmings. Well, the cod itself was cooked lovely, but I personally found the butter sauce too salty and the capers overpowering. It's such a shame, cos the meal was presented lovely. I so wanted it to be delicious, like the other courses. Grrrrrrrrr, next time, I'm going to opt for the steak as that looked gorgeous...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Victoria Inn

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Our favourite place to eat when visiting my parents in Cornwall. We usually visit for Sunday lunch which is always superb. This time we went for a week day lunch - and chose the set menu at 2 courses for £15. WOW! The main and puddings were fabulous, we opted for the Newlyn roasted cod with pesto, courgettes, new potatoes and tomatoes and the confit of duck with black pudding, champ potatoes, roasted carrots and apple sauce. For pudding we went for the sticky toffee pudding with caramel and apple and the crème brulee with lemon ice cream, basil syrup, strawberry compote and a shortbread biscuit. Excellent service, as always - highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This pretty little pub is in the village of Perranuthnoe which is off the beaten track but not too far from the coast. Lots of beams and flagstone floors add to the cosy atmosphere.

The menu offers lovely food using local ingredients and there is a good selection of local real ales always available.

The staff were friendly and welcoming (like the pub) and we immediately felt right at home

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Staying two weeks in Perranuthnoe, we were absolutely delighted to find that Victoria Inn was our local pub. The back garden is a lovely place for lunch or refreshments on a sunny day. We had dinner here several times, and the quality of the food was always delicious. Service was friendly and efficient. Wish I had a local pub like this at home!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Loving Cornwall as we do, we looked online for somewhere to stay, close to the beach, but not far to travel if the weather was not good. I emailed and booked us in for six nights in July.
We were warmly welcomed and settled into one of the two bedrooms (en suite with shower). We enjoyed a few drinks sitting up at the bar - Doom Bar and Cornish lager, before unpacking, and getting ready for dinner, which we had been advised to book.
The restaurant and all of the bar seating areas were full of diners, so we settled at our table, and read the menu. Oh my goodness - if the food was anywhere as good as the menu, we were going to be in for a treat. And we were not disappointed! The quality of the food cooked and served at the Victoria Inn is phenomenal, and I have eaten at a lot of restaurants and hotels in my time, but this is something else.
We ate there on two other evenings sampling a range of dishes, all superb.
Breakfasts were our morning treat. Each day we were met by a different chef who cooked and served our choice of breakfast. Simple but just perfect. A selection of cereals, but the homemade muesli with fresh fruit salad including raspberries and strawberries, with yogurt was my choice.
I had scrambled egg each day with bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms, which varied in presentation, but not in quality. Mmmmm!
The rooms are small but cosy, clean and well stocked with a choice of tea, coffee, chocolate, with a daily biscuit, and water.
There is a television/ DVD to watch - if you are in the room for long enough.
The staff are all delightful - friendly, helpful, genuinely nice and are well-informed about the food and drink they are serving, as well as anything else you need to know.
They all appear to help each other too, and seemed happy in their work.
The only day they warn you about is the extremely well-attended over 60s lunch on a Tuesday.
We gave this a miss but did call in to see how packed the whole place really was!
We would definitely stay there again.
A real Cornish gem.

Room Tip: Book early to avoid disappointment!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We booked a fairly last minute couple of nights in the Victoria Inn and were not disappointed. The location is perfect for a quiet, countryside break and the pub itself is lovely. It is a short five minute walk to the beach. Although we did not eat here, the menu looks impressive. All the staff were very friendly, and the breakfasts were very good; even though there are only two rooms they went to much effort. The room was very clean and pleasant. This Inn is great value for money and we will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Just popped in on the off chance for lunch after finishing work early. Had a nice surprise as the food was very good and the staff helpful and friendly. Parked right outside and only a short walk down through the pretty village to the lovely beach. Look forward to visiting their sister restaurant in Porthleven, The Square.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Been to Victoria Inn? Share your experiences!