“Good place to be”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Enugu
Golden Royale Enugu
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Enugu
Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
“Good place to be”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I enjoyed my short stay in this hotel. The staff were friendly and very quick to my attendance. The rooms are comfortable and well furnished. There was quite a variety of tv channels for my entertaining pleasure.
Their breakfast leaves a lot to be desired though. Their internet though not too fast is better than others that I have experienced in Nigeria. I wouldn't mind revisiting.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lagos
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I spent a Friday night here after attending a colleague’s event in neighbouring Anambra state. A few colleagues and I flew into Enugu airport and felt it made more sense to spend the night at Enugu for our return flight the next day.

This is a pretty decent hotel with good sized rooms, air conditioning, and free wifi (which I never managed to connect to). Having said that, the price is quite expensive though we were lucky enough to get the corporate rate booked through the office which made the price much more reasonable.

The room was a good size and was very clean, ditto the bathroom. I had a decent night’s sleep and have breakfast the next morning. The offering was limited but what they did have tasted okay.

There were 3 small swimming pools which were empty at the time but my colleague that stays here regularly for work trips assured me that the pools are normally filled.

The plaque on the outside says that it’s a 4-star hotel. I disagree and would rate it as a good 3-star.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Abuja, Nigeria
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The staff are very friendly and professional. breakfast was very tasty. the rooms are clean and comfortable, with a fast internet service. Although I was there on business it felt like I was there on holiday.

Room Tip: Check your internet once you get to the rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Jakinola
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for several nights in a business trip. Rooms are very big and are quite new. The gym is great and it attracts members from the city. There is also a pool but it's a bit small.
Dinner at the hotel's restaurant was very good. Breakfast is OK.
It's a nice 4 stars hotel in the country side, and would happily stay here again the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank eranrunner
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I stayed here for four night on business trip last November, The golden royale services was excellent, this is only international hotel in Enugu. Highly recommended that people should stay here for their business and holiday trip. I really enjoyed my stayed with you guys.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Joe w W
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Hard to believe a standard room cost >$330 a night if there is no hot water coming out of the wash basin, even after complaining every morning, on some occasions there is no water at all, the breakfast consist of some local food and there is no proper spread to select from, the TV channels are extremely poor, quality wise as well. $50 a night sounds right!!!

Room Tip: Insist on a quite room, not close to the gym - which has terrible noise blaring all day.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank cvdraad

Travellers are raving about these Enugu hotels

Reviewed 26 October 2012

Stayed here for two nights,water was running brown from the bathroom so I had to buy bottled water from the hotel to have a bath for the whole two days,I used 12 bottled water to bath only mornings.house fly and mosquito in rooms,no hand towel and bathroom mat in the room,very dirty shower curtain and stained pillow cases.the only thing they got right is food. Will never ever stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank Doris-Nonso

Been to Golden Royale Enugu? Share your experiences!