“A touch of class”
Review of Scaurbridge House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penpont
Scaurbridge House
Ranked #1 of 1 Penpont B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed for a couple of nights this bank holiday weekend, it is in the ideal location and the attention to detail by Elizabeth Ann, the proprietor, was exceptional. Nothing was too much trouble! She even made fresh pancakes on our arrival for the very welcome cup of tea! If you are looking for somewhere to stay that is just that little bit special, then look no further! We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stopped by Elizabeth-Anne's wonderful guesthouse on a cycle trip across scotland. It made a fantastic mid-way point, set on the edge of a quaint village in the heart of some beautiful countryside. I found the hostess to be most welcoming; she made me a superb breakfast to fuel me on my way before I set off for the day and had back-up supplies of the toiletry items I had forgotten. Importantly, I got a superb night of sleep in the marvellous king-size bed! I recommend as a stop for any travellers on the road!

Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Warrenjb
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We were lucky enough to spend 2 nights in this wonderful house, comfortable and beautifully furnished and decorated with artistic touches here and there that is so very much Elizabeth Ann who treats you like family from the moment we set foot. Lovely home made scones and tea when we arrived and the next morning a choice of breakfast at a time that suited us. Large bedroom with canopied comfortable bed and views over the front garden and the village and hills at the side. On our second night Elizabeth Ann cooked our meal to perfection, rivaling the best of restaurants and nothing had been too much trouble during our stay.

Room Tip: There are 5 bedrooms to choose from but we only saw ours
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Our second visit to Scaurbridge House! Wanted to relax, kick back, enjoy good food and catch up on sleep and this is exactly what we did! Nothing is a problem to Elizabeth Ann and this guest house is one of only 2 that I know of in the UK where breakfast is a moveable feast! Thank you for a wonderful weekend - we'll be back!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I only stayed one night, yet experienced the full Elizabeth Ann Hughes pampering service. Excellent hospitality from a very talented hostess, wonderful house, cosy classy rooms, yummy fresh home baking. I felt very spoilt from the moment I arrived and Oh, that breakfast extravaganza was divine - sitting on my own at that lovely table in that lovely room - it's true what all the other reviews are saying about this place, you won't believe it until you come and experience it for yourself.

A special thankyou Elizabeth Ann for your attentiveness, patience and thoughtfulness during the troublesome episode with my car.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2012

From the moment I rang to make the booking, to the moment we left, we have never felt more welcome anywhere. Elizabeth Ann greeted us with tea and shortbread served on wonderful old china, and showed us around the house. It's a fantastic old manse in a lovely setting, warm and luxurious, with an abundance of towels, piping hot water, soaps and lotions available for use. Every need has been anticipated, and the beds are extremely comfortable. Breakfast was outstanding, we ate too much both mornings as we just couldn't resist trying everything - fruit, cereals, home made scones and jam, rolls and bread, and of course the full Scottish breakfast which included some of the best bacon we've ever had. Our hostess was warm and friendly and more than went the extra mile in order to make sure that we were well looked after. Elizabeth Ann goes way beyond the call of duty, and her warm and friendly manner creates a very welcoming and homey atmosphere. Nothing is too much trouble for her. We look forward to staying there again, we will certainly return!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline B
Reviewed 31 May 2012

If you need a place to stay as you travel, holiday or work near Thornhill, then Scaurbridge House is the place for you. Scaurbridge House is warm, cozy and inviting, attributes that only shine due to Elizabeth Ann. The rooms were immaculate, the food was beyond belief and the company and conversation were bar none. I will be looking forward to our next stay with Elizabeth Ann.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penpont
Buccleuch & Queensberry Hotel
Trigony House Hotel
Trigony House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Closeburn
Craigdarroch Arms Hotel
Craigdarroch Arms Hotel
#1 of 3 in Moniaive

Been to Scaurbridge House? Share your experiences!