“It's that old five star feeling again”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Creetown
Cherrytrees Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Creetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I am no expert on guesthouses. I’ve stayed in two before in the last few years. I’ve endured Travelodge and have stayed in many hotels throughout Europe.
I made a decision, I’d only review good ones and bad ones. I can’t offer anything more to the middle of the road ones.
I needed somewhere to stay in Dumfries and Galloway and checked out Tripadvisor. I came across Cherrytrees and read the reviews. I thought they might be a bit over the top but decided to give it a go. I’m so glad I did. This place was considerably better than some of the hotels and I had stayed at. I was with a friend, and on arrival were cheerfully greeted by our host, Ken. Ken does everything by himself. The decorating, furnishing, gardening, cooking, cleaning and all the other stuff associated with the running of his business. We were the only guests staying for the weekend and were given a full guided tour, even his own living quarters. If they’re clean and tidy, you can expect the rest of the establishment will be. And that was the case.
There are only two guestrooms, both doubles and ensuite, one with a double bed and the other twin bedded. There are two large and delightfully furnished guest lounges, on the same landing as the bedrooms, one of which was a television lounge. Televisions were also provided in the bedrooms.
Ken was such a good host, not only was he full of information about the area, but he was able to join us in the local hotel bar for a drink and entertain us with his stories and humour.
Having read the reviews, I was so looking forward to a freshly cooked breakfast. I had made a decision before visiting that if it was as good as people say, I would get the address of his butcher to take some back with me. I know who they are now, purchase made on Saturday afternoon, and Ken was kind enough to put it in his fridge until we left. For you to find out who the butchers are, you need to go and stay at Cherrytrees and ask Ken.
A great weekend and wonderful place to stay and would recommend to anyone.
Cheers, Ken. Hope to meet again one day.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Ken_Lawton, Owner at Cherrytrees Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2011

Wow, many thanks for the review. What can I say? It was also a pleasure meeting you and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you enjoyed your purchases from the butchers. I have now put a link to them on the Cherrytrees Web Site. It is so nice when your hard work is appreciated and you certainly took time out to complete this review, thanks again.

Reviewed 15 June 2011

The best b&b north of the border. Ken is a wonderful host, his local knowledge is profound. Beautiful bedrooms, 2 lounges for guests to use. Good luck on tackling one of Ken's breakfast they will set you up for the day. Mind you, he does a great bowl of porridge too. We've been before and we will be back again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Ken_Lawton, Owner at Cherrytrees Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2011

It has been a pleasure meeting you and I'm so glad that I have been able to help make your stay an enjoyable one and really do look forward to your visits. Thanks very much for taking the time to do the review.

Reviewed 30 May 2011

Have stayed several time now - its much better than being in a hotel!
Spacious comfortable rooms/bathrooms - spotlessly clean.
Two lovely lounges and super breakfasts

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Many thanks for taking time out to do a review and your comments are much appreciated.

Reviewed 16 May 2011

Stayed at this B&B early April this year and had a wonderful time. We received a very warm friendly welcome from the owner, Ken who could not have done any more for us. The B&B is set out over two floors with two separate lounges for guests only. One lounge has a TV so guests can chose to watch TV or sit in the quiet. Our double room was incredibly spacious with a lovely en-suite bathroom, complete with complimentary toiletries and lovely fluffy towels. Also there was a good selection of teas and coffees on the room tray. The cleanliness of the whole B&B was also outstanding. Ken was very knowledgeable about the local area and showed us some good places to walk. As all the previous reviews have stated the breakfast in the morning was absolutely beautiful and there was more than enough to eat. We also didn't need to eat again until the evening. This is exactly how a B&B should be run. Thank you again for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Thanks very much for the review, it was an absolute pleasure meeting with you and your family.

Reviewed 23 April 2011

The location is very good. the room was very clean and spacious with excellent facilities. The Breakfast was superb and you certainly wont leave hungry well if you do its your own fault. Top notch all round.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stuartp01
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Cherrytrees is a very clean and well equipped B & B and Ken the proprietor is very friendly and helpful in giving you tips on what to do in the area. IT's well located for touring the area and just off the A75. We had a very comfortable double bed in a large room wirh large en-suite, all very nicely kitted out. There are 2 separate lounges, also very nicely furnished, for guests to relax in. We had the full breakfast and it was exceptional with local produce used. The breakfast kept us going until the evening! We enjoyed it so much we visited Ken's butcher on the way home and stocked up!!! This is an establishment giving very good value for money. Our only complaint is that we wished that we had spent longer there. If you get the chance, take the scenic routes between Castle Douglas and Creetown and New Galloway and Newton Stewart.
Andrew & Sue

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Ken_Lawton, Owner at Cherrytrees Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2011

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to meeting you again. Thanks again.

Reviewed 8 March 2011

A very warm welcome awaits you at Cherrytrees. The decor and room was spotless and the breakfast was enough to keep you going all day I recommend a good walk afterwards to burn off some calories! The owner was very helpful and knowledgeable about the surrounding areas and we were made to feel very welcome.This is definately a "home from home" and a return visit to look forward to.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the trouble to write a review and for those kind words. It was really nice meeting you and thanks for bringing the fine weather with you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Creetown
Creebridge House Hotel
#3 of 5 in Newton Stewart
The Ellangowan Hotel
The Ellangowan Hotel
#3 of 4 in Creetown

Been to Cherrytrees Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!