“Excellent stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Creetown
Cherrytrees Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Creetown B&B and Inns
Ayrshire Scotland
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Cherrytrees. Lovely warm welcome from Ken. Our daughter was with us and we both had large and well equipped rooms with spacious en-suite facilities. The guest house was spotlessly clean everywhere. The separate lounge was ideal for a quiet read and the TV room next door to it was a great place to settle down and relax in the evenings. Breakfasts were delicious with top quality ingredients and a range of options. Would not hesitate to recommend Cherrytrees. Great value for money.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

We booked the Cherrytrees after reading the good reviews and we wern't disappointed. Our room was clean an spacious with a large ensuite bathroom. The Cherrytrees also has two sitting rooms for guest use, one with a TV, we thought that this was a nice addition. We received a warm welcome from Ken and Dougall, who likes to get to know the guests!
We attended a wedding in Gretna Green and planned to spend a week travelling around Scotland by car ending the week in Edinburgh. Ken was a wealth of local knowledge a gave us some great tips on local places to visit as well as making some suggestions for the rest of our trip. We took Ken's advice and are really glad we did, the views from Bruce's stone were stunning and the revised route we took following his advice meant that we got to see more of the unspoilt West Highlands.
The breakfasts were generous in size and as a vegetarian I was pleasantly surprised to find that this was catered for. Overall, we found the Cherrytrees to be a great place to stay and Creetown a good base from which to see other local attractions.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

There is simply nothing to complain about and many aspects of Cherrytrees life to rave about.

My partner and I spent three days and nights here in November of this year having basically stuck a pin in a map and thought 'we'll go there'.

To start with the basics; the bedroom we stayed in was very clean, well decorated, warm and comfortable and the bathroom was spacious, modern and spotless. Although we didn't utilise the communal areas they too were beautifully furnished and enhanced the whole relaxed feeling of this B&B.
The breakfasts are clearly legendary judging by the comments of others and we were certainly not disappointed. Local ingredients and LOTS OF THEM were available every day and one of Ken's fry ups would keep you powered up for a week never mind a morning! Well cooked and delicious.
And on to Ken. Well, what can we say? Ken went out of his way to be helpful and informative with regard to the surrounding area. He was friendly and chatty but never intrusive and his local knowledge was invaluable. In short Ken went way above and beyond that which could be expected of someone running a business like his and we hope to return to experience such hospitality again in the future.
Cherrytrees has much more of a small hotel feel rather than that of a mere B&B. First class, excellent, marvellous!
Oh and Dougal the bearded collie is quite simply the loveliest dog in the world!

Room Tip: All good! Nothing to worry about here!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Ken_Lawton, Owner at Cherrytrees Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 November 2011
I have passed your comments on to Dougal, as if his head isn't big enough already. It was great meeting you and many thanks for taking time out and for the kind words in your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.
Calne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

My husband and I stayed with Ken at Cherrytrees for two nights and we couldn't have asked for a more pleasant stay. The double bedroom we had was very well presented, bright, clean and airy and the modern bathroom was a great size and completely spotless. Ken is a brilliant host - very warm and welcoming, despite us turning up at the most unreasonable hour of 10pm! Breakfast was lovely - Ken gives you lots of choice and caters for all tastes. As you'd hope, there was coffee, tea and toast on tap and plenty of jolly conversation to start your day off. Perfect! Our stay was excellent value for money and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Cherrytrees to anyone. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Sorry it took me a while to respond (computer - forgot how to do it). Thanks very much for the review I really mean it when I say it is very much appreciated. Looking forward to meeting you again.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

This was the third time we had stayed at Cherrytrees, and thought it was about time we repaid the owner Ken with a review. Since our last visit a TV lounge has been opened, this is beyond the sitting room and has been decorated and kitted out to a high standard. It is just for the use of guests, as is the entire first floor, in fact you don’t share anything with the owner who has his own annexe, so in that respect it’s actually like being in a hotel. We stayed in the double en-suite room which is very nice with quality bedding and towels. Other people have mentioned Ken’s breakfast and we really can’t add anything further except to looking forward to the next time. The place is nicely decorated and is spotless and Ken is so helpful. Excellent place to stay and great value.

Room Tip: The beds are top quality, a great nights sleep.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
lfc in europe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I am no expert on guesthouses. I’ve stayed in two before in the last few years. I’ve endured Travelodge and have stayed in many hotels throughout Europe.
I made a decision, I’d only review good ones and bad ones. I can’t offer anything more to the middle of the road ones.
I needed somewhere to stay in Dumfries and Galloway and checked out Tripadvisor. I came across Cherrytrees and read the reviews. I thought they might be a bit over the top but decided to give it a go. I’m so glad I did. This place was considerably better than some of the hotels and I had stayed at. I was with a friend, and on arrival were cheerfully greeted by our host, Ken. Ken does everything by himself. The decorating, furnishing, gardening, cooking, cleaning and all the other stuff associated with the running of his business. We were the only guests staying for the weekend and were given a full guided tour, even his own living quarters. If they’re clean and tidy, you can expect the rest of the establishment will be. And that was the case.
There are only two guestrooms, both doubles and ensuite, one with a double bed and the other twin bedded. There are two large and delightfully furnished guest lounges, on the same landing as the bedrooms, one of which was a television lounge. Televisions were also provided in the bedrooms.
Ken was such a good host, not only was he full of information about the area, but he was able to join us in the local hotel bar for a drink and entertain us with his stories and humour.
Having read the reviews, I was so looking forward to a freshly cooked breakfast. I had made a decision before visiting that if it was as good as people say, I would get the address of his butcher to take some back with me. I know who they are now, purchase made on Saturday afternoon, and Ken was kind enough to put it in his fridge until we left. For you to find out who the butchers are, you need to go and stay at Cherrytrees and ask Ken.
A great weekend and wonderful place to stay and would recommend to anyone.
Cheers, Ken. Hope to meet again one day.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Ken_Lawton, Owner at Cherrytrees Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 July 2011
Wow, many thanks for the review. What can I say? It was also a pleasure meeting you and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you enjoyed your purchases from the butchers. I have now put a link to them on the Cherrytrees Web Site. It is so nice when your hard work is appreciated and you certainly took time out to complete this review, thanks again.
coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

The best b&b north of the border. Ken is a wonderful host, his local knowledge is profound. Beautiful bedrooms, 2 lounges for guests to use. Good luck on tackling one of Ken's breakfast they will set you up for the day. Mind you, he does a great bowl of porridge too. We've been before and we will be back again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Ken_Lawton, Owner at Cherrytrees Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
It has been a pleasure meeting you and I'm so glad that I have been able to help make your stay an enjoyable one and really do look forward to your visits. Thanks very much for taking the time to do the review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Creetown
Creebridge House Hotel
#3 of 5 in Newton Stewart
The Ellangowan Hotel
The Ellangowan Hotel
#3 of 4 in Creetown

Been to Cherrytrees Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!