“fascinating”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“fascinating”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Normal entrance was £5 each but the day we went it had a 10% discount... I have and interest in gems, diamonds are a girls best friend ! Staff at door was lovely and welcoming. Lots and Lots of great displays of every type of gem mineral rock agate you could imagine the colours and variety were fantastic very aesthetically pleasing. Displays are clearly marked and categorised. You could tell it was a family run concern and lovely that they had chosen to share there collection with the members of the public.. A workshop where jewellery was made was fascinating to and educational.. A large shop where you could buy some of the handmade items made in the workshop was nice. Would definitely recommend on a sunny rainy day.

1 Thank melanniemc

Mold, N Wales
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hidden among residential housing is this fascinating museum. It may be small, but it has a wide variety of gems and minerals interesting to all. They have developed a questionnaire for children. The children following the clues were thoroughly enjoying themselves. We didn't eat here so can't mention the catering side.
I enjoyed my visit.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank cowrieshell
Earth
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Rip off”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I am not sure what is going on here. Its £10 (each) to get in, but even £1 would have been too expensive. It claims to be the largest private collection of its type in the UK, but is actually a rather small, eclectic jumble of different specimens collected ad hoc over the years. There is little order to the collection. Some background information, but almost no structure or overview. I left thinking that I really hadn't learnt anything. To cap it all, the shop sells "goldstone" ornaments, which are not actually minerals or gems at all (although to be fair they did reveal that in a small notice - so I did learn something). We left after about an hour, feeling cheated and wondering why we spent the money here, when we could have gone to a public museum.

6 Thank GrayMan2
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A little gem!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was dragged along here by my children and am so glad I was. We purchased a family ticket which was very good value. We passed a good couple of hours in the museum. The children enjoyed completing the quiz and eating cake in the cafe.
A very friendly, family run establishment. I would highly recommend.

Billericay, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great little attraction”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

A really interesting couple of hours spent learning more about gems and crystals and how they were formed. My 7 year old son really enjoyed doing one of the quizzes they had to offer also. Friendly, knowledgeable staff, nice gift shop and cafe.