“If your child loves dogs...”

Trigony House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Closeburn
“If your child loves dogs...”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed (regrettably)for only one night in this lovely hotel.We have 3 kids aged 12,11and 9(our daughter ,she is a doggy nut).Herself and the rest of us loved this place.
Trigony is a family run ,dog friendly,rambling ,shabby chic country house hotel.
The food was first class and prepared fresh by request(including an excellent breakfast).I am an enthusiastic ,but pretty novice,gardener and I thought the garden was one of the most pleasant I've had the good fortune to relax in.The bedrooms are very comfortable and ..a bit dated,but don't worry...this place is top notch and worth every penny.Well done and thanks.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Glasgow
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights in June and had a really lovely time. The hotel was a lot smaller and a little more shabby chic than I was expecting. However if your fed up with so called dog friendly hotels that should really advertise themselves as "dogs just tolerated" then this is for you and your pooch.
Great food, very comfortable room, with own Conservatory and garden !!
Beautiful gardens, lovely friendly and upmarket local town.(a short walk away).
Just what a weekend break should be...relaxing and a little indulgent.

We have booked to go back in September, but beware, due to its popularity it can be hard to get a room.

Room Tip: Book the garden room, your dog will love the freedom, it has its own secure garden.
Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed twice at Trigony recently with my Master and Mistress on our way to and from the Highlands and I have to say for my very first nights away (I am only a puppy) I was very, happy !
Everyone was so nice to me and I could sit with my Master and Mistress when they had Breakfast and Dinner.I know they really enjoyed it as I can't remember any titbits!!
Some proper walks right on the doorstep and I even saw my first Red Squirrel!! I was so shocked I didn't know if I was supposed to chase it but I didn't.
No problem sleeping either.

Room Tip: There is road noise on the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank skinnymalinkylongleg
Broughty Ferry
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay in the garden suite, very dog friendly and lovely village to walk to daily, dog enjoyed bone from the local butcher and we enjoyed a lovely cup of tea an cake from local bakery in the garden sun room attached to our suite. Food is very well cooked and lovely feel about the place, breakfast is also a triumph. Enjoyed the break away as did our dog with the doggie bags we brought her ;).

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank NACNUDS
Kensington, Maryland
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We drove from Edinburgh to Trigony House through enchanting Scotland. But we couldn't have imagined the enchantment that awaited. The house itself is charming and beautifully cared for. Surrounding gardens are truly lovely and provide a bounty to the kitchen as well. Our room was beautiful and spacious with a private conservatory and it's own walled garden. Not only the accommodations but the food at Trigony House are top-notch. We had an absolute delicious dinner as well as an amazing breakfast. The fare was homey but with unmistakably gourmet touches. The bar selection of whiskey was carefully chosen and well-described as was the wine list. Everyone we met was so very kind, hospitable and helpful. For anyone looking to enjoy this special corner of Scotland, we would wholeheartedly recommend beautiful and romantic Trigony.

Room Tip: The room on the first floor complete with conservatory and garden is truly unusual.
Rothesay
Reviewed 29 June 2014

A true gem of a hotel. Unashamedly dog friendly. Relaxed, friendly and welcoming with great food, lovely staff, pretty rooms and a most beautiful garden! We had a room overlooking the garden and some lovely weather to see it at its best. We were sad to leave!!

Room Tip: Overlooking the garden is lovely.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed here recently, a special treat from our son. The hotel, which is dog friendly, sits in its own gardens in a lovely location, just South of Thornhill. Our room was fabulous, large and comfortable with a great view over the gardens. We received a warm welcome, and all the staff were very friendly. Dinner was superb, with a good menu using lots of local and seasonal produce, and breakfast was also excellent. Several of the other guests we spoke to had stayed several times, and confirmed that standards are always high. We would definitely return too.

Room Tip: A superior room with garden view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Closeburn
Friars Carse Country House Hotel
Buccleuch & Queensberry Hotel
Blackaddie Country House Hotel
Townhead Hotel
Townhead Hotel
#1 of 7 in Lockerbie
Best Western Dryfesdale Country House Hotel
Cairndale Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Trigony House Hotel? Share your experiences!